Tanker Helmet I presume?

mrhell

My Son was able to pick this up for $20; money well invested I told him (especially in this market) :lol: I'm not up on the more modern items, but my guess is that this is a tankers helmet with a manufacturing date of 1992? Whatever it is the condition is unissued. Now let's see if he'll make a trade with me..... :think: B)

th1.JPG

th2.JPG

th3.JPG

th4.JPG

My Son was able to pick this up for $20; money well invested I told him (especially in this market) :lol: I'm not up on the more modern items, but my guess is that this is a tankers helmet with a manufacturing date of 1992? Whatever it is the condition is unissued.

Contract is 92, mfg is 2001 (NSN).

Whoopsie, I was looking at the wrong line. Apparently the coffee didn't kick in yet. :lol: Thank you for the correction Austin.

Manchu Warrior

They make a newer version of the shell that is made of Kevlar and they can be a little pricey. I am not sure what the old version is made out of but you should be able to pick one up fairly cheap on ebay.

The 01 in the NSN does not mean manufacture date, that is part of the code and has nothing to do with year.

The 01 in the NSN does not mean manufacture date, that is part of the code and has nothing to do with year. The 01 you are looking at is the National Codification Bureau Code. 01 identifies it as a US made product in the NATO coding system.

The 01 in the NSN does not mean manufacture date, that is part of the code and has nothing to do with year. The 01 you are looking at is the National Codification Bureau Code. 01 identifies it as a US made product in the NATO coding system.

Really? Those bastards....

Really? Those bastards....

Don't feel bad, I used to think the same thing until I met this board. It took awhile, until I realized that everything in the US Army was made in either 2000 or 2001 :pinch: