Here's my US Minis

swordfish

Well,

Since Sarge posted the thread some time back regarding collecting the minis,

I had to start collecting these little buggers as well. In this short time, I've managed to put together a small collection of 'em.

A few 1902's, couple of navys, and a USMC (from Sarge). They sure are fun to collect...and oh yea, put much less of a ding in the pocket book than there full size counterparts or the German stuff I also collect. Easy to find on Ebay. Although, it's interesting to watch how vastly the price they sell for varies. I've found it's all in how the seller lists them. At times, the seller uses an obscure listing that draws very little attention. When marketed right, these things are going for between $35-75.

Well, here they are.

post-210-1177959683.jpg

Good job Swordfish! thumbsup.gif

Fishing for miniature swords on ebay is a great way to go. Sometimes they go for big dollars and sometimes for next to nothing.

You have put together a nice grouping in a short amount of time. :D

swordfish

Thanks George. Your the man I owe it to. I really enjoy these and they really are a heck of alot easier to display :D .

Thanks for your input regarding my Wrangel on the other forum. I'd really like to get to the bottom of that blued scabbard.

Tom

• 5 years later...

Miniatures are a lot of fun to collect and some of them are really difficult to find. Older mini-swords such as the Model 1872 swords are hard to come by as are some swords such as the Coast Guard Officer mini-sword. Presentations and named minis are also hard to find.

Of course there are other miniatures of bayonets, rifles, etc along this line. Here is an interesting mini-rifle and bayonet from a WWI Veteran Reunion. Notice the detail and the tiny leather sling that is still in place.

Mini_War_Vet_rifle.JPG

Mini_War_Vet_rifle_buttstock.JPG

And, here is a miniature US bayonet made entirely out of carved wood with a metal belt hanger and a press button in the pommel that actually works against a tiny spring. Amazing workmanship in the nature of "trench art" by talented soldiers with too much time on their hands.

Mini_wood_bayonet.JPG

Mini_wood_bayonet_obverse.JPG

Mini_wood_bayonet_reverse.JPG