Female USMC Stripes, What time period are these from?

kyhistorian01

ABrangerjoe

I'm not exactly sure, but I think I saw these type of stripes on a WWII USMC nurse's uniform. But wouldn't the Marines use Navy nurses? The E-6 has the crossed rifles so it's late 1950's to Vietnam production I think. I'll let the pros handle this. :ermm: :think:

I saw a uniform like this in my local military museum. Hope this helps!

post-5137-1249515383.jpg

I don't have my books in front of me, so going from memory, but they were used on the 'candy stripe' uniform from it's inception until it was phased out, in the late 1960's or early 1970's, I believe. They are NOT WWII to the best of my knowledge.

I don't have my books in front of me, so going from memory, but they were used on the 'candy stripe' uniform from it's inception until it was phased out, in the late 1960's or early 1970's, I believe. They are NOT WWII to the best of my knowledge.
The crossed rofles did not come into use until the late 50s, early 60s. Don't know for sure, but not WW2. Also, the MC never had Marine nurses. The Navy provides all medical for the MC.

Steve Hesson

ABrangerjoe

I guess I'm mistaken, I'll have to go back to my local museum and look at the photo, the uniform looked very similar to this. Thanks for the corrections! ;)

Joe

I'm not exactly sure, but I think I saw these type of stripes on a WWII USMC nurse's uniform. But wouldn't the Marines use Navy nurses? The E-6 has the crossed rifles so it's late 1950's to Vietnam production I think. I'll let the pros handle this. :ermm: :think:

I saw a uniform like this in my local military museum. Hope this helps!

The uniform in this photo dates from before the crossed rifles were adopted, so it could be 50s. But not a Nurse (which is an officer any way) or any orhte type of medical person. If the museum has it labled as that, it does not surprise me. I am saddened by the ammount of stuff I have seen mis ID'd and mis labled in museums, especially museums dedicated to just that specific thing.

Steve Hesson

ABrangerjoe
The uniform in this photo dates from before the crossed rifles were adopted, so it could be 50s. But not a Nurse (which is an officer any way) or any orhte type of medical person. If the museum has it labled as that, it does not surprise me. I am saddened by the ammount of stuff I have seen mis ID'd and mis labled in museums, especially museums dedicated to just that specific thing.

Steve Hesson

Yeah they probably mislabeled it, thanks for the clear-up! ;)

Joe