1st Lt. Diekow 9th Armored Infantry

776thamtrac

776thamtrac

You guys might remember a couple of weeks back when rrobertscv posted his Ripon College ROTC picture in Latest Finds. It just so happened that I have this grouping in my collection from a Ripon ROTC Graduate as well. 1st Lt. Charles Diekow of Milwauke, Wisconsin. I wish I had been able to get more information out of the college and NARA but no one seems to know much about the guy. Everything here is exactly as it came to me from the estate sale in Wisconsin. About all I know is that he graduated from Ripon in 1942. His NARA information shows only that he had a Presidential Appointment and that his seperation was at Fort Sherridan. Anyway still some cool stuff in my opinion. I really like the ROTC DI's.

CJW

post-755-1177887786.jpg

post-755-1177887796.jpg

post-755-1177887803.jpg

post-755-1177887809.jpg

CNY Militaria

Great group! I love trunk groupings like this. I have a similar one as well. You have too many uniforms in the background, feel free to send them to me, haha.

Justin

776thamtrac

SHHHHH! Don't let my wife here you say that. She'd agree lol But thanks for the compliments. Ones like this are some of my favorites.

CJW

As always thanks for the kind words Jim. Now if only I'd run across some decent info on this guy!

Sorry I haven't followed this, but is Ripon College still around?? If so, you might be able to find out something about the guy.

776thamtrac

Yeah Jim it is around. In Wisconsin to be more exact about the whole thing. They seem to have a proud ROTC tradition which is great and they were very interested when I told them I was seeking information. However they were not able to turn up anymore than I already knew.

Yeah Jim it is around. In Wisconsin to be more exact about the whole thing. They seem to have a proud ROTC tradition which is great and they were very interested when I told them I was seeking information. However they were not able to turn up anymore than I already knew.

Bummer. I can't believe they don't at least have old year books or some kind of records being it's a college???

If Major General George Ruhlen is still alive, he might be able to help you.

He was the CO of the 3rd Armored Field Artillery Battalion and was doing a lot of historical research.

Last I heard of him he was in pretty bad health.

Erwin