Can you ID this US Navy or Air Force Squadron patch

Siamundo

Hi. I need your help please. Any ideas on what this patch might be? For whatever reason it strikes me as a US Navy squadron patch but I have no evidence to back that up. It is a nice older US fully embroidered patch. I am open to all suggestions though. Thanks!

post-2744-1249342785.jpg

Hi. I need your help please. Any ideas on what this patch might be? For whatever reason it strikes me as a US Navy squadron patch but I have no evidence to back that up. It is a nice older US fully embroidered patch. I am open to all suggestions though. Thanks!

This is the 3558th Flying Training Squadron a Air Training Command unit tasked with Interceptor Training at Perrin AFB, Texas from the 1950's

Terry L Horstead

post-3627-1249353000.jpg

That is fantastic. Thank you very much for the ID and the image. I had considered the possibility that there might have once been a tab at the bottom that had been removed, but I was not positive. Any ideas as to why someone would have taken it off?

That is fantastic. Thank you very much for the ID and the image. I had considered the possibility that there might have once been a tab at the bottom that had been removed, but I was not positive. Any ideas as to why someone would have taken it off?

Around 1958 or so Air Training Command turned over the advance training to the other Commands, The unit designation & Insignia are not transferable, also when the unit inactivates it's history terminates (After 1992 The rules were relaxed and some of those units were allowed to consolidate with other unit's but the 4 digit "MAJCOM" designation could not be revived). This tab was most likely removed due the designation change and used till the student graduated or the instructors received new insignia

Terry L Horstead TSgt USAF Retired

Around 1962 or so Air Training Command turned over the advance training to the other Commands, The unit designation & Insignia are not transferable, also when the unit inactivates it's history terminates (After 1992 The rules were relaxed and some of those units were allowed to consolidate with other unit's but the 4 digit "MAJCOM" designation could not be revived. This tab was most likely removed due the designation change and used till the student graduated or the instructors received new insignia

Terry L Horstead TSgt USAF Retired