Who, Me? 5th AD booklet, printed in Germany '45

OD MAN

Another recent find, got it for a steal buy it now only 9 views. The last one I saw went for almost triple that price. :) Click HERE to see the slideshow from the 5th armored site. Info from 5th AD site: "It was developed at the end of World War II prior to repatriation and before the guys knew where they were headed. It is a candid, poignant, often humorous snapshot of CCR. Written by Richard F. Kahn with drawings by Anthony Dennison."

Also the daughter of the original author says there were two versions handed out to soldiers white for officers and green for enlisted. Heres mine:

2v1s29i.jpg

And a couple slides from the 5th AD site:

2s98ui8.jpg

• 6 years later...

I'm glad I found this thread as I can very little else on this book. I just found a copy that I believe is the "officers" copy. It has a blue cover, but it does have the onionskin separating the pages. This copy belonged to Dr. Ben Sugerman who was assigned with a medical detachment to an Engineer Battalion.

post-203-0-53465000-1461626244.jpeg

I've had two copies with the green covers, one was inscribed to a lieutenant (I sold it a few months ago, so I can't look up the name) and one in a group of ephemera from an enlisted soldier in the 387th AAA.

• 4 weeks later...
Garandomatic

Just got mine from a good friend... Perfect to go with my armor collectionD i think I'll read it to my little boy tonight.

Nice, I had one of these with the vet's notes throughout, including a notation that the commander (Gen. Rose, I think?) was "a prince of a fellow." I donated it to a WWII museum a few years ago, I think the one in Florida? I wonder what they did with it...

Pete