ATTACK! WWII Army Magazine

hzamar

I just bought this great 1942 magazine that was printed to benefit the Army Emergency Relief fund. It is loaded with early photos of all things Army. Some of the photos show outdated equipment already by 1942 standards but it is probably all they had available or they didn't want to give away too much information. There are a surprising number of color photos in the magazine. It's about the size of a Life magazine of the time.

The Victory Task Force was the unit responsible for putting on those shows. I believe the Attack magazine was the official program for the tour.

-Ski

post-3043-1249165338.jpg

• 1 month later...
I just bought this great 1942 magazine that was printed to benefit the Army Emergency Relief fund. It is loaded with early photos of all things Army. Some of the photos show outdated equipment already by 1942 standards but it is probably all they had available or they didn't want to give away too much information. There are a surprising number of color photos in the magazine. It's about the size of a Life magazine of the time.

Great find! Teamski was right about the Victory Task Force connection. I have the magazine, two ticket stubs and one patch from a :thumbsup: person who was at a show in the Buffalo (?) area back in the day. A Trooper took the patch off and gave to the kids in the family. Would have loved to be able to see one of those shows!!