USMC Knives

Mr.Jerry

Monday was a good day in the shop. The son of the 2nd Marine Division vet came in with a footlocker full of USMC field gear and these 3 USMC knives. a Camillus with the original paper tag, a blade marked Robeson, and a guard marked Camillus all in VG shape.

knives1.jpg

knives2.jpg

knives3.jpg

knives4.jpg

Greg Robinson

Very, very nice. And the GEM of the group is the Robeson. The USMC knife made by Robeson Cutlery is a rare and valuable knife. Congrats!!!!

Greg

• 3 weeks later...
Schnicklfritz

I watched the auction on your Robeson Shuredge knife.... :blink: woowzie is about all I can say. :blink: Two Sumbodies wanted it bad!

Bob Hudson

We hike a lot in mountain lion country and "just in case" I carry a 1942 Robeson Shuredge with USN markings. They not only look good in the display case, they do inspire confidence when hanging from the belt. I picked up this one with a Boyt 42 scabbard for $30 at an estate sale last December. Now had I paid as much as someone did for the primo USMC Robeson I'm afraid I'd have to inform my wife that I would need to let the mountain lions eat her rather than chance messing up the blade.

Greg Robinson

About ten years ago the US military knife collector and author, Mike Silvey, sold two pristine mint examples of this knife that had been shown in his "WW2" book. A few months later a collector I know in California emailed me and offered to broker a deal for me to purchase one of them. Trouble was I knew what Mike has sold them for so realized immediately that this guy was adding a hefty fee for his services. So I declined. Trouble is, today that selling price would be cheap for one in that condition complete with correct scabbard. crying.gif Mint examples on ebay typically go for well over $2K.