Beach Battalion Medic M1

just-a-good-ole-boy

just-a-good-ole-boy

Hi there guys. This is another one of my latest additions to the collection. It is another helmet from the late John Coy's museum in Oregon, IL. Not sure if this is actually a BB Medic or what but is the first thing that came to mind. You can see signs of where this lid was apparently stacked with some other lids. Fixed bail or loop. Liner may or may not be original to the pot. Let me know what you guys think. ;)

post-2533-1249053166.jpg

This helmet came from one of the medical units of the 1st Engineer Special Brigade, who landed and operated on Utah Beach! A real beauty and historical helmet! One for the books!

Cheers my friend,

Mike

another fine rare helmet, the markings are in nice shape

does the liner show signs of corrosion? most navy used helmets show signs of exposure to salt air / water

I see the green coloration on the A washers! it could be the original liner

Joe Kravets

Great helmet, I will second what Theorywolf has said, 1st ESB, also check out page 245 of Spearheading D-day. Any ID markings?

just-a-good-ole-boy
Great helmet, I will second what Theorywolf has said, 1st ESB, also check out page 245 of Spearheading D-day. Any ID markings?

No Id markings at all sad to say :ermm: That is one of the books I dont have but will have to try and find.

Thanks!

Steve

Oh yeah... 1st ESB Medic for sure! I know how you got this helmet and the story behind it so, when someone says, you got lucky, remind them that luck is based on hard work... and a lot of cash! :w00t:

• 11 years later...