Woman's / Womens WAC field jackets

Bob Hudson

I picked up a woman's field jacket today, minus labels of course (: I will post some photos of it later, but in doing some preliminary research online it appeared that that women's button-up filed jackets persisted long after they added zippers to the men's field jackets. The one I got has the dummy top pockets (flaps but no actual pockets).

I figured we may as well start a research thread on the women's jackets. If you have any post them along with good photos of the labels as well as any details you think are unique to the particular period when that jacket was made.

Thanks Jaroslav: the one I picked up appears to be the later model. I got it at a swap meet one mile from the southern boundary of Camp Pendleton so it is probably USMC issue. Was there anything between the 41 and 65 models?

PS Jaroslav: that's the same swap meet where I found those 1930-31 USMC trousers you bought from me back last year: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...p?showtopic=553

usmc-collector

Do not know much about US ARMY womans unforms, but bellow I post another 4 examples of USMC womens utility clothing

1940s Utility clothing

1) USMC Women's Utility Jacket (coat), used 1940-1950s

post-31-1177858916.jpg

2) USMC Women's Overall, 1940s

post-31-1177859494.jpg

1950s Utility clothing

1) USMC Women's Utility Shirt, used 1950-1960s

post-31-1177858924.jpg

2) USMC Women's Slacks, Utility, 1951 dated

post-31-1177859505.jpg