1851 to 1959 Army of the United States Chevrons

hhbooker2

:rolleyes: Greetings & Salutations! Here are some official and unoffical chevrons worn by soldiers in the Army of the United States from 1851 to 1959. :rolleyes: Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California (Please go see: http://family.webshots.com/album/240249098NeEObX and see a lot of nice army chervrons added to daily until I exhaust my supply of scans, of course!) Http://community.webshots.com/user/eneryhodge and http://community.webshots.com/user/hhbooker2 and also go tee: http://community.webshots.com/user/clovis_lee_booker as well as http://community.webshots.com/user/hhbooker

post-837-1248896624.jpg

post-837-1248896634.jpg

post-837-1248896644.jpg

:o BLUE HAWK: I take it that you like these chevrons posted here, so am posting more showing Signal Corps chevrons.
:w00t:

post-837-1248899528.jpg

post-837-1248899570.jpg

:D Regimental Color Sergeant, Post Quartermaster Sergeant, and Drum Major.

post-837-1248972376.jpg

post-837-1248972404.jpg

post-837-1248972494.jpg

really nice collection! It would be really useful for a dummy like me if you could tell us what we are seeing in each photo (pattern, date, etc). Otherwise, just looks like a bunch of stripes! : :blink:

Cool stuff!

John

:thumbdown: JAGJETTA: I do not know necessarily the names of the patterns or dates? I refer to LTC William K. Emerson's "CHEVRONS" for whatever I want to learn. Eary rank is really basic in that two chevrons was Corporal and three chevrons for Sergeant, and colours determined if they were for Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, etc. Also, as people write and ask me to give them this or that chevrons, I insist on also my being allowed to pay for shipping and I turn over to others things they say they need, Jagjetta! True Story! If they insist on making a token payment for the item or covering postage, I tell them no and then give whatever I have to the next person as I refuse to charge for a gift as I am not a dealer or a seller and do not need or want more money as I have surplus money as it is! Oddly enough, few people write and ask for stuff now? I list my email address and if they go to GOOGLE, they can find my home address listed as I place all my cards on the table in plain sight. Sometimes people do write and ask for things that are quite rare or areas I do not collect. I gave away my U.S. Marine Corps insignia and chevrons long ago! I only hope and pray they do no re-enact and want something to throw on their uniform to roll around in the mud and get soiled! Halloween costumes uniforms are not! It is okay if they sell or trade or give away whatever I contribute to them, but I do not need to know what happens after they say they received it - period! I'd rather donate to the rich who have large collections disposed of later as an estate maybe to a museum, no longer to children who might tire of collecting later. The poor have a tendency to sell their stuff is desperation, but the wealthy appreciate donations and keep them. I sometimes contact eBay sellersand offer them stuff free and tell them to keep 100% of the profits! I could refer to my "CHEVRONS" book and get back with you if you'd liike to email me at: [email protected] ;)

really nice collection! It would be really useful for a dummy like me if you could tell us what we are seeing in each photo (pattern, date, etc). Otherwise, just looks like a bunch of stripes! : :blink: Sarge Booker of Tujunga

Cool stuff!

John

post-837-1248980027.jpg

:crying: Cavalry Saddler Sergeant, Artillery Stable Sergeant, Infantry First Sergeant, and Infantry Bugler

post-837-1248980771.jpg

post-837-1248980781.jpg

post-837-1248980812.jpg

post-837-1248980831.jpg

:blink: KAT: More scans of really old chevrons for you.
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing these....Kat

post-837-1249017917.jpg

post-837-1249017936.jpg

post-837-1249017946.jpg

post-837-1249017961.jpg

;) KAT: Usually I am asked for certain chevrons and if I still have them, I mail them to those who really needed them to complete their collections, however I do not sell nor do I let anyone pay the postage. I've been thinning out my collection as I will be 67 years old on 20 October 2009 and Type II Diabetic, too much blood sugar that has to be controlled with Metmorphin and other pills. I do not need the money as I stay home most of the time and I sometimes wonder why those who say they do not have enough money cannot relate to those of us when money is not a problem? I only get disappointed in that people stop writing after you send them free stuff, if they stayed intouch, they'd get more free stuff. Persistence seems to be a thing of the past? My reason for acquiring insignia is to scan or photograph it and then show the items so others can see them and use these pictures however they wish, of course then I don't need the actual badges. Easiest to give away are United States Marine Corps, Airborne, and other elite formations. I stand clear away from 3rd Reich, but others are free to collect it if they wish to do so. I have gotten rid of six massive collections in the past 50 years - its like going into business and even if you fail, starting over gets easier. Its like when you get an A.A., a B.A. is easier and an M.A. even easier because you have past experience. Failure is part of the package and your collections will get bigger and better each time. You need to be "single-miinded" like Forrest Gump! My life is focused on very few things, mainly on militaria! You can collect all of the chevrons from 1851 to 1958 - just never give up! :thumbsup: Sarge Booker of Tujunga

Are all of these in your collection? These are really amazing....Kat

post-837-1249109647.jpg

post-837-1249109662.jpg

:unsure: Here is a rarer Fireman Coast Artillery Corps attached to the Army Service School Detachment.

post-837-1249110307.jpg