Brigadier General Leroy J. Stewart

mp44

Here's some items that belonged to General Stewart. He was an old Cavalry officer on Mac Arthur's staff and Provost Marshall of Seoul, Korea. One of the first things he did was to set up a Mounted Korean Police in Seoul. Have many more items. If there is any interest, I'll be glad to post them. Thanks.

post-4673-1248730054.jpg

Here's some items that belonged to General Stewart. He was an old Cavalry officer on Mac Arthur's staff and Provost Marshall of Seoul, Korea. One of the first things he did was to set up a Mounted Korean Police in Seoul. Have many more items. If there is any interest, I'll be glad to post them. Thanks.

Some more items of Gen. Stewart's

post-4673-1248730189.jpg

• 3 years later...

Would this be the same General Stewart who became the 7th Infantry Division's artillery commander after the previous div/arty C.O., General Archibald Arnold, became the division C.O. in the Spring of 1944? For my own research, I'd be interested in any info you might have on the 7th Div's occupation duties in Korea in the Fall of 1945.

• 3 months later...

Further research indicates that this General Stewart is indeed the individual I mentioned in the previous post. As a Lieutenant Colonel in the 7th Division's days at Fort Ord under General Stilwell, Stewart was a Lieutenant Colonel and the C.O. of the 75th Field Artillery Battalion. At that time, the 75th FA Bn was still horse-drawn, one of the last horse-arty units in the Army. They gave up their horses in mid-1942. It seems that General Stewart never lost his love for horses and carried it to the 7th Division's occupation of Korea in the fall of 1945.