Paper Work

t_player

Picked up this box full of paper work,manuals,photos, and maps locally belonging to a Marine officer by the name of C.W. Shisler. Took photos of a few of the things. Take me a day or two to go through it all page by page.

post-69-1248726209.jpg

FightenIrish35

This looks like an amazing group of documents. CONGRATS!So come on,tell us,we all want to know!How much lol. And where in the world did you stumble upon this items..What is inside the KIA Section?

I got these documents at a storage unit auction. I had to pay $18.00 which I thought was high compared to what everything else was bringing. The KIA files have the names and how they were killed. By sniper and so forth.

Brian Keith

That is an extremely historical group!

It really needs to stay together, or at the very least, all scanned and sent to the USMC archives!

Nice save!

BKW

FightenIrish35

WOW! Well done....I dont want to be a nudge,but,if you ever decide to sell these docs please shout me a holler. Bery neat items.

Are all of the items related to the 6th marine division?

Everything I see so far has to do with the Sixth Marine Div. and officer C.W. Shisler from the kiska task force which I think was related to Amphibian Training Force 9 and okinawa and China. Even a little on the 87th mountain regiment which I think was part of the FSSF and part of the kiska task force correct me if I'm wrong.

Everything I see so far has to do with the Sixth Marine Div. from the kiska task force,okinawa and China. Even a little on the 87th mountain regiment which I think was part of the FSSFand part of the kiska task force correct me if I'm wrong.

The 87th Mountain Regiment was part of Amphibious Task Force 9 on Kiska not the FSSF. They would later become part of the of the 10th Mountain Division.

More than likely if you contact the National Marine Museum and let them know what you have they will probably pay for you to have exact copies of those made for them. Seriously, a copy of what you have needs to be in the Archives of the Marine Corps.

So just curious, anything else neat come out of that storage locker?

They were pulling stuff out of the locker as they were selling and when they pulled this box out the auctioneer said he had a box of books and papers and held up a field manual which I can spot a mile away. So I took a shot! There was mostly some used furniture, boxs of glassware, electronic equipment and boxs of old american rifleman magazines.

I dug a little deeper and came up with this kiska manual that was handed out to the troops in the task force plus some message booklets loaded with messages in the field of battle.

post-69-1248814164.jpg