Green Beret Loadout

Lt.

Hello,

I've been trying to create an acurate impression on a green beret. However i have not been able to because i cant figure out what they where in combat. I no that most of it is personal preference but i still have questions like, do they where body armor?

black combat boots

acu jacket

acu pants

acu hat

lbe 2 pistol belt, (2) m16 mag holders, and (2) 1qt canteens with covers

Thanks

LT.,

Your question isn't very specific. A Special Forces Soldier (a Green Beret is headgear, an SF Soldier is a man) would

wear different uniforms, footwear, body armor, personal equipment, carry a variety of different weapons and so forth

depending on the time period, the area of deployment, the operation, his job within the unit, etc. For example:

A SF Soldier on a Foreign Internal Defense mission in another country training that country's troops might wear an

older or unconventional uniform like DCUs or BDUs, wear aftermarket or privately purchased equipment, carry any

one of a few different sidearms or small arms depending on the task at hand, and wear issued or private purchase footwear.

A SF Soldier in Afghanistan might wear ACUs, DCUs, Multicam and wear the issued RBAV or CIRAS body armor with

issued or private purchased pouches, any one of a number of issued or private purchase boots/rucksacks, a variety of

small arms or sidearms, etc.

I hate to drag the point out, but your question is sort of open-ended to get a specific reply. Perhaps it might be easier

to answer your question if you were to ask something like "What would an SF medic in Iraq in 2006 be most likely to

wear and carry." I'm sincerely glad to help you find the answers you want :thumbsup:

Just my $0.02, feel free to PM me if I can help you more

i am going for a SF soldier impression that is in afghanistan from around 2008. i will using an m4 carbine and my MOS will be an 18A which is the captain of the SF team. thanks.

OK, that simplifies things. I would suggest ACUs, desert boots from Garmont, Wellco, Danner, Bates (etc.) or perhaps high-end

commercial hiking boots, with a preference towards the desert boots. Helmet would be a MICH, either with an ACU cover or

spraypainted. Vest would be an Eagle Industries CIRAS or a BAE RBAV, with pouches in coyote, OD, Paraclete's smoke green,

or black pouches spraypainted tan. Sidearm would most likely be a Beretta M9 with or without a Surefire or Insight light, carried

in an Eagle or Safariland thigh holster, or a chest mounted Blackhawk SERPA. The entire team would be wearing some sort of

radio for communications, my guess would be the MBITR. The M4 would probably have some sort of optics like an M68 CCO, or

an EOTECH or ACOG, an ATPIAL or other IR laser as well as a visual light like Surefire's XM-951 Scout light. From there, individual

equipment carried might include almost any quality fixed and or folding bladed knife, most likely a strobe light, nomex gloves, eye

protection from a company like Oakley, ESS, Bolle, Wiley-X, Revision, and a hydration system from Camelbak or Source. Depending

on what the A-team is doing, the CIRAS or RBAV might be substituted for a plate carrier with or without supplemental soft armor, and

a daypack like Eagle's A-III or similar.

How's that?

LT,

Happy to be of service-I've been manufacturing tactical gear, holsters, Ghillie suits, etc. for a few years. Please don't

hesitate to drop me a line if I can help you more.

do you know a store or stores where i could get these items at a good price but also in good quality?

Unless you live close to Ft. Bragg, Ft. Campbell or near San Diego, not really. Best bet is to keep

an eye on ebay and the sales forums here and build up over time. The other option is airsoft

brand clones, but if you're looking for authenticity, that's out.

LT,

That vest is a replica of a Crye (the Multicam guys) vest that they called a 'body armor chassis'. As far as I know,

nobody is fielding it, it was kind of a test bed. You can find a replica of the CIRAS at a number of Hong Kong retailers-

Eagle tends to come down hard on people in this country who clone their vest due to patent and intellectual property

reasons.

"LT",

Another thing to note: if you want to look "real", don't wear any shoulder patches other than a subdued IR flag (on the right sleeve) and certainly don't even think about wearing a beret. Unit patches and berets might as well not exist in deployed areas for Special Operations Forces.

I hope this helps,

Vance

i saw an article that the army was testing out the Crye Chassis body armor and it said that it could be added as part of the 2010-ish new equipment and there was a photo of the soldier wearing all multicam, including the uniform and i havent seen anything about it coming in acu.

i saw an article that the army was testing out the Crye Chassis body armor and it said that it could be added as part of the 2010-ish new equipment and there was a photo of the soldier wearing all multicam, including the uniform and i havent seen anything about it coming in acu.

LT,

That might have been Future Force Warrior...a lot of concept development type stuff got done in Multicam a few

years ago because it was 'different'. Sort of like how concept cars may or may not look like the cars that eventually

got made. Crye's chassis hasn't been fielded by anybody that I am aware of. Crye does make some items in colors/

patterns other than Multicam.