CNY Militaria

Custom Ribbon Bars--Any era!

Recent pick up.

WW2-Vietnam veteran but no star on the NDSM. Person saw a lot of action in WW2, 9 stars on the A-P campaign ribbon.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

911flag.jpg

ASMIC #1098

New addition

Looks an early enlisted Airman.Posted Image

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

911flag.jpg

ASMIC #1098

An unusual one. Army GCM with a Navy China service medalPosted Image

911flag.jpg

ASMIC #1098

54c14e316cee45fb2f0f98a9e4371b0e.jpg

The Theater Made ribbon and patch group of Major General Robert S. Beightler. CO of the 37th ”Buckeye” Division in WWII, Military Governor of Okinawa, Republican National Convention Delegate for Ohio, Mayor of Marble Cliff, Ohio, godfather of Ohio’s Highway system, prospective candidate for Governor of Ohio and the United States Congress, and close personal friend and colleague of Douglas MacArthur

In addition to this, he was the longest Serving Division Commander of WWII, and the Only National Guard General to maintain command of his division throughout the entirety of WWII. He was also one of only two National Guard Generals to be given permanent appointments to the regular army.

His awards are: The Distinguished Service Cross, Distinguished Service Medal, Silver Star, Legion of Merit, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Border Service Medal, WWI Victory Medal, WWI Occupation Medal, American Defense Medal, American Campaign Medal, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal, Philippine Liberation Medal, WWII Victory Medal, Philippine Independence Medal, WWII Occupation Medal, Armed Forces Reserve Medal, and the Philippine Legion of Honor.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_S._Beightler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c0266bef5b5bec142209e3433cde2894.jpg

3a50a8db22d1e422ab905732d06e8341.jpg
45dadcbc7831fd05291012c00d27a515.jpg
4102013a6d50d857fde6c00e069259b9.jpg

Attributed custom made Ribbon group of Brigadier General Barnwell Rhett Legge:
Close friend of Theodore Roosevelt Jr., WWI Hero, renowned diplomat, and operative responsible for the safe escape of countless American POW’s during the course of WWII.

After graduating from the prestigious Citadel military academy in South Carolina, Legge saw heavy combat during the course of the Great War in the famed 26th Infantry Regiment of the 1st Division, having received the Distinguished Service Cross and 4 Silver Citation Stars (Later Silver Star Medals) for valor during the battle of Soissons, and after personally leading an attack during the Meuse Argonne offensive, during which he was wounded. In addition to also receiving the French Legion of Honor and two Croix d’Guerre’s, Legge’s supreme leadership capabilities earned him the Army Distinguished Service Medal, and the admiration of Colonel (later General) Theodore Roosevelt Jr. which would blossom into a lifelong friendship. Roosevelt would write of his friend in his book “Average Americans” that:

“All during my service in Europe, Legge served with me. During the latter part he was my second in command in the regiment. I have seen him under all circumstances. He was always cool and decided. No mission was too difficult for him to undertake. His ability as a troop leader was of the highest order. In my opinion no man of his age has a better war record.”
-Theodore Roosevelt Jr.

After serving as a tactical instructor at the Army Staff College at Ft. Leavenworth, Legge was presented with a new and highly prestigious role in 1939, Assistant Military Attaché to France.

After France fell to the Nazi’s in 1940, Legge was promoted to Brigadier General, and made US Military Attaché to Switzerland, whereby during the entire course of WWII, utilizing his many contacts in underground and resistance movements, helped countless American POW’s held by the Nazi’s escape to Switzerland, and return to Allied occupied territory. This was much to the infuriation of the Swiss government, who sought to publicly expose Legge’s network and discredit him. However, Legge being highly intelligent and cunning, utilized evidence of secret Swiss violations of international law to black mail them into silence.

Legge would hold his post as Military Attaché to Switzerland until his medical retirement from the Army in 1948 after 37 years of service.

Sadly, Legge would die the following year in 1949 at the age of 57.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk