Custom Ribbon Bars--Any era!

CNY Militaria

Coast Guard/Marine Corps ribbon bar.

CG Commandants Ltd w/ Operational device, CG Bicentennial Unit Commendation, MC GCM, CG RESERVE GCM, MC Expeditionary, NDSM, AFEM , Armed Forces Reserve, Rifle Marksmanship w/ Expert, & Pistol Expert.

ff8c7451b93d3ffc224e6a68be84de9c.jpg11758a717854788dbdbb3711950d7d3c.jpgd8568d66860462da1941c71105c59e55.jpg

That is something we do not see often! I love that Coast Guard reserve bar a lot!

Here is a set to a relatively famous member of the Coast Guard. A legend to those in the Engineering community. He ended up retiring as a Vice Admiral (Three Star).

post-4249-0-96982600-1485578778_thumb.jpg

Thanks! Here is the citation for the Silver Star. I wish I could find his Commendation Ribbon citations, as they were just as awesome back then.

Silver Star

See more recipients of this award

Awarded for actions during the World War II

The President of the United States of America takes pleasure in presenting the Silver Star to Commander Kenneth Keith Cowart, United States Coast Guard, for conspicuous gallantry as Engineer Officer on the U.S.C.G.C. CAMPBELL (WMEC-909) during and following the sinking of an enemy submarine on 22 February 1943. When his ship surprised the enemy vessel on the surface and collided with it during an attempt to ram, Commander Cowart, by his expert direction of engine operation, contributed materially to the sinking of the submarine by gunfire and the capture of several members of her crew. When the cutter began to take water as a result of a large rupture in her side plating he bravely stood by his station in the flooding engine room and supervised damage control.

General Orders: Authority: U.S. Coast Guard Book of Valor and Supplements

Action Date: February 22, 1943

Service: Coast Guard

Company: Engineering Officer

Division: U.S.C.G.C. Campbell (WMEC-909)

No clue it was cheep so I took a chance on it what do you guys think

​Sweet looking rack.I wouldn't think to hard too ID with a Navy Cross and Silver Lifesaving medals.Kind of a weird combo of ribbons though.No campaign medals, just an AFESM, only one AM and a Navy Cross?

• 2 months later...
CNY Militaria

Major General USAF Set to a WWII P-51 Fighter Pilot. Directly embroidered to the uniform jacket.

DSCN0867.jpg

Really surprised I didn't post up my ribbons in this thread! (At least in 31 pages, I couldn't find them!)

Here are my personal ribbons. You can see how I did regular ribbons, Ultra-Thin, Leu's Handicraft, and a custom made wide set that was made in San Diego by someone's trophy shop (can't remember the name, unfortunately, and they're now out of business...) :(

Finally, the last photo with the large size medals is the set of ribbons I had made to match my DD-214. We couldn't find all the documentation for the awards I wore and it didn't help that all of my household goods were in transit. I could have either waited to have them process the DD-214 or I could take what I got and boogie out...I took the latter! LOL

4-17-2017 2-39-43 PM.jpg

4-17-2017 2-42-43 PM.jpg

4-17-2017 2-43-17 PM.jpg

Here are a few sets I was given over the years by their wearers. I have more, but they're laying down on the shelves in my display case and I couldn't photograph them well!

4-17-2017 2-44-10 PM.jpg

4-17-2017 2-44-32 PM.jpg

4-17-2017 2-45-02 PM.jpg

doinworkinvans

Major General USAF Set to a WWII P-51 Fighter Pilot. Directly embroidered to the uniform jacket.

Justin........

More please!

I hesitated to present these here as an actual or even complete ribbon bar set but decided to pay homage to a very early era when America was relatively new to honoring the service of its military personnel. I figured that, at least, posting them will remind us of the changing nature of the term "state of the art". (we've all seen plenty of old photos - even Medal of Honor awardees at the White House - where individual ribbons weren't so precisely in line)

At the very least notice that the Boxer exhibits the classic fraying of the original issue badges......"cut from the same cloth" so to speak.

I'm certain these will pass the UV test with flying colors.

post-152102-0-66976000-1492468105_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Kaigun Shosa

Dave,

Can you give us more info on the "William P. Lawrence" ribbon rack. It looks like a custom novelty/miniature rack for a G.I. Joe. I've never seen a custom rack like that.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
skipranney

Today 73 years ago Lt.col Adam Parsons was the co pilot of the first plane to fly over Normandy and drop paratroopers in to France to begin the invasion of Europe

I was able to reunite the two different ribbon bars that were sold separately 5 years ago

now I have both of the ones sold from his estate sale in 2012

post-104933-0-08008600-1496697647_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
ItemCo16527

A nice matched pair I picked up recently. One set has magnets to secure it to the uniform, the other is clutch-back.

27x4lz.jpg

35arrdf.jpg

a0yx7a.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Salvage Sailor

Here is a USN enlisted ribbon rack with bullion Observer wings on Aviation Green. Silver star on the PTO and Korea ribbons.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

An Aircrewman with Two Navy Presidential Unit citations. There's a story to tell there. Nice bullion wings too.