Custom Ribbon Bars--Any era!

CNY Militaria

What a small world. My ribbon bar in post #8 belongs to a Jules David Yates who was also liberated by the 6th Army Rangers at Cabanatuan. I wonder if they knew each other?

What a small world. My ribbon bar in post #8 belongs to a Jules David Yates who was also liberated by the 6th Army Rangers at Cabanatuan. I wonder if they knew each other?

I bet they did! Bornemen was one of the Protestant Chaplains , and probably knew most of the officers in Cabanatuan. I have a bunch more items to him in my collection as well. I also own one of Col. Mucci's dogtags too.

Nice ribbon rack ( and uniform ) you have by the way!

Kurt

A couple from my collection.

Here's another -- LTG Floyd L. Parks -- he was c/s of 1st Allied Airborne Army and first American commandant in Berlin after the war.

131_3107__2_.JPG

Artillery Lieutenant Colonel dress blues uniform. Custom clutchback rack made by Lauterstein's of San Antonio. Interesting to note that he has the US Navy Good Conduct ribbbon; I imagine he was in the Navy before joining the army!

post-88-1177987204.jpg

CNY Militaria

Here is a nice set to a 44th ID/US Army in Europe SSG. I plan to sell this one soon.

Picture_040.jpg

Picture_043.jpg

where would one go to get a piece like this made? I wouldn't mind getting my current stack done like this just for fun

after much ado...here's a pic of the only custom stack in my collection. question...can anybody tell me the maker's mistake??? think.gif

Custom_Bar_Front.jpg

yep! the maker used the same blue thread he did for the American Campaign on the EAME instead of green!

GIl Sanow
and hint, the mistake isn't the order of the ribbons for a change :lol:

I have an address for a custom ribbon maker in Taiwan.. A buck a ribbon, plus devices and about $3.00 for postage. Interested? They do really nice work, but I am not sure whether their wear is authorized anymore. Send me a PM and I will send info.

G

oh, they're definately not authorized, I just want to do it for fun! I'm definately insterested

I finally figured out how to post. I least I think so. This first ribbon bar is from an enlisted medic. I also have his named BSM.

post-736-1178502073.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
CNY Militaria

A few more. The Vietnam one is probably from an officer because of the lack of a GCM.

aa_028.jpg

not necessarily. he could have just screwed up at the wrong moments. I know a 12 year SSgt in the Corps that's been every rank twice, except for SSgt, which he just picked up on his last possible chance before getting kicked (need to pick up SSgt in 12 years to stay in the Corps). Needless to say, he doesn't have a good cookie

CNY Militaria

True, but based on the other ribbons, and the fact that it probably cost a bit more to make, I assumed it to be an officer. Could be an EM though, like you said.

• 7 months later...

Forgive me if I shouldn't be resurrecting an old thread, but I was going through it and was extremely impressed with what I saw, and I thought I'd contribute in some small way.

First up: my display of recipients of both the Bronze Star Medal and the Army Commendation Medal from the 1940's through the 1980's:

qoaw7l.jpg

A couple of close-ups:

2uhr2tx.jpg

2afzs5t.jpg

This one belonged to a re-tread officer who served overseas with SHAEF.

2j63340.jpg

WW1 Marine, this is a wide bar.

I've got one too :)

smufs6.jpg