Custom Ribbon Bars--Any era!

CNY Militaria

Erikscollectables

Another oldie.

Not sure about the middle one - who can help?

• Spanish War Service
  • Distinguished Service Cross? But that would be strange in this order, right?
  • China Relief

IMG_0652_zpsec9e3fbe.jpg

Sailor!

Similar to Michael Thornton's or is it a fantasy rack?

Whoops! I didn't even realize my mistake until I saw my old post!

• 1 month later...
riflegreen297

Here is a DSC AAF/ AF ribbon bar I just picked up. WW2 & Korea service. Anyone know what the bottom "blueish" ribbon is offhand? Too bad it does not have a name.

post-4227-0-13393100-1385204174.jpg

Here is a DSC AAF/ AF ribbon bar I just picked up. WW2 & Korea service. Anyone know what the bottom "blueish" ribbon is offhand? Too bad it does not have a name.

attachicon.gif002.JPG

My initial thought based on the theater and valor awards is Italian AL-VALORE-MILITARE

Here's a real head-scratcher. I am thinking that possibly this is an unfinished custom sample. The notice no "60 device" on the Vietnam Service ribbon, and it appears that the ribbons on the bottom row should each have a gold frame. The real kicker is that this is velcro backed.

post-297-0-14415400-1385497500.jpg

• 1 month later...
uniformcollector

These are my belated Christmas present that just came in the mail. SWEEEEEEEEET!. Thank you family members.

4starchris

Wow! That's a great ribbon bar! Is it original? Either way, it's looks beautiful!

This is the picture my family found and I had added some comments and they went and had it made for me among three others.

4starchris

post-387-0-44484000-1389570692.jpg

Just received from one of our great forum brothers....no ID yet but I am condfient it will turn up.

Was discussed at length regarding the Belgian award, but I'm OK with it as I agree, it is an error for another ribbon that is supposed to be there....either way...I like it warts and all

post-114-0-03821200-1389967952.jpg

doinworkinvans

Arent yall ever afraid that these bars are just made recently? They have no uniform or name, so what do you go by? I feel like these bars by themselves would be a lost cause as anyone could make them at anytime...? Just looking to learn!

Daniel B)

CNY Militaria

Daniel, If you find a modern manufacturer that can do this type of work please let me know! Outside of the Leu's ones of course. That is one reason we know they are authentic and dated to certain periods.