Custom Ribbon Bars--Any era!

CNY Militaria

Dennis, I do like your AF rack! I seem to recall an article in the OMSA journal a few years back that spoke of an army sgt that had been awarded so many Army Achievement Medals that he had to wear two of that ribbon to accommodate all of the OLC's! However, with yours, I suspect the owner threw it away because the double AM was an error. Just a guess, but I have seen similar errors before, although it's typically order of precedence issues. Nevertheless, I like it. Thanks for sharing.

G

The problem lies with the OLC's; 10 awards can't be represented on one ribbon unless you add a fifth oak leaf, since you can only have for devices per ribbon. So the regs allow a second ribbon.

Thanks for that explanation. I checked back in with my retired Air Force officer friend and that is the same reason he gives. I did have an Army warrant officer/helicopter pilot acquaintance during the VN years who was awarded 42 Air Medals. He wore two AM ribbons each with 4 silver OLCs. That was in the early 70's. A few years later due to a change in regulations he had one ribbon with the numerals 42 on it (maybe it was 41 with the ribbon counting as #42...it was a long time ago!).

• 3 weeks later...

My latest, USMCR officer from Korea with a PH, bottom corners are folded, not cut

From the 3 PUC's, I'm assuming 1st MarDiv for nearly the entirety of the war, sine it's the only unit to earn 3 in Korea...Inchon, Chosin, and three different periods but all covered by the third award

$T2eC16R,!ygE9s7HJGCgBSDqCLEbcQ~~60_57.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know anything about this rack.

4starchris

Chris that's beautiful, love the Thai award on it

The one thing i know about it is that it should be at my house

Very impressive set

• 2 weeks later...
Erikscollectables

I have a few to add here so will do in the next posts...

Starting with my favorite WW2/Korea set:

IMG_0637_zpsa7544e20.jpg

Regards, Erik

Erikscollectables

And an oldie.

I am not sure if I have identified them correctly so please help me.

• Haiti (Navy/USMC)
  • Spanish Campaign
  • Cuba
  • China Relief

Thanks for your help! Erik

IMG_0645_zps6d07140b.jpg