Custom Ribbon Bars--Any era!

CNY Militaria

WittWorldWide.com

An interesting dual matched set that were found together... Typical 1930s to Early WW2 construction for the top trio, and most likely a WW2 Era BB&B constructed set, with sterling clutches. (note the WW1 Occup. Ribbon Variation.)

W13PlaceBBBSetsax.jpg

W13PlaceBBBSetsbx.jpg

WittWorldWide.com

WW2-Korea Army Veteran. Pad most likely done in Germany in the 1950's, with traces of being removed from a uniform, but hard to date exactly. A mix of device makers... Take note of the Silver OLC on PH Ribbon.

ArmyDSC12Placeax.jpg

ArmyDSC12Placebx.jpg

WittWorldWide.com

For the moment I'll leave this last image as a bit of a test... This was on a uniform I handled a number of years back. It is a Beautifully hand crafted set, with each ribbon in an individual frame, mounted to the series of bars, that are then affixed to tunic with screw posts... It was stunning, and an incredible relic to work with. This Ribbon Set can only go to One man. Who is that one man?

1930RBPad1x.jpg

WittWorldWide.com

Absolutely...

Wendell Neville rec'd the MoH & Brevet, but only Smedley rec'd Two MoH & the Brevet Medal. Dan Daly rec'd Two MoHs, but no Brevet.

WittWorldWide.com

Hand Sewn Down set that came off a uniform... Most likely Marine, but could USN.

RBPadUSNUSMCW2x.jpg

WittWorldWide.com

Good question, but just about anything assembled specifically for one individual is "Custom Made".

ReverendJake

Hand Sewn Down set that came off a uniform... Most likely Marine, but could USN.

RBPadUSNUSMCW2x.jpg

Looks like an army set to me. It has oak leaf clusters on the bronze star instead of 5/16 gold stars.

WittWorldWide.com

Looks like an army set to me. It has oak leaf clusters on the bronze star instead of 5/16 gold stars.

You are correct, and apologize for the mental lapse... I was posting this at Midnight, which appears to be past my bed time.

Is there a way to re-post & edit this segment?

4STARCHRIS

A total of 34 ribbons is one of the biggest ribbon bars I had seen in some time.

What are the largest ribbon bars others of seen?

4starchris

Yes this is in my collection. Yes this is Mike Thornton's ribbons.

4starchris

• 1 month later...

Only have a few custom bars, but thought I would share. First is a USAAF/USAF WWII-Korean war bar with DFC and Air Medal.

Second is an Army WWII-Korean bar. Both are unattributed.

post-111248-0-08544300-1372789133.jpg

post-111248-0-06925200-1372789198.jpg