Custom Ribbon Bars--Any era!

CNY Militaria

Here is an unnamed set I picked up at the N.C. show about two weeks ago.

001-9.jpg

I've got some good news for you, Riflegreen:

This rack belonged to Col. Jack Callaway. I had spoken with the ebay seller a few months back and gave him the information to pass on to the next owner, but perhaps he did not. This is one of the Colonel's earlier racks. I have two of them. The actions in which he was awarded the Silver Star are noted in "A Hill Called White Horse," by Sobieski.

post-297-1348752831.jpg This is also shown in my display thread.

CNY Militaria

USAF Backing from a 3 war vet. Not sure what the blue ribbon after the occupation one is....any ideas?

DSCN0686.jpg

USAF Backing from a 3 war vet. Not sure what the blue ribbon after the occupation one is....any ideas?

DSCN0686.jpg

Looks like Reserve Officers Association to me.

DSCN0686.jpg

Awesome ribbon bar, You don't see many custom ribbon bars from 3 war vet's spanning WWI-Korea.

• 3 weeks later...

I love custom ribbons, and have quite a few, but have yet to really post any.I do want to post one of my latest purchases. Thick, curved lucite, with the ribbons painted from the backside. I have seen several similar kinds that either had brass backing or had the actual ribbon inbedded. The reverse of this one looks like brown packing tape, but is acually paint. I guess it was supposed to be a protective coating, but in actuality, if scratched, the paint would be chipped and noticeable from the obverse.

post-297-0-34871500-1351386736_thumb.jpg

My favorite militaria to collect are medals, and within that, I love ribbon groups that are custom made. Here are a few of the ones I have collected lately. Eventually, when space permits, I plan to display each individually, rather that in a massive riker.

post-297-0-05392000-1351768217.jpg

If there is one you would like to see a closer shot of, shoot me a PM.

riflegreen297

Fantastic collection. Now I see who I am bidding against on the Bay. :lol: I would like to see a closer shot of the lucite bar on the lower left. I have one of these that is very basic. These are classic 1950's unique uniform items that are really interesting to me.

Fantastic collection. Now I see who I am bidding against on the Bay. :lol: I would like to see a closer shot of the lucite bar on the lower left. I have one of these that is very basic. These are classic 1950's unique uniform items that are really interesting to me.

Ask and ye shall receive (so to speak)...

post-297-0-26523600-1351995018.png

This ribbon set has the folded ribbons encased in the lucite, with no covering over the reverse. The rack is curved for a nice appearance for someone that has done some pushups. The ends of the rack appear to be brass.

post-297-0-52941300-1351995085.png

Below is one of my very favortites. The "V" on the Bronze Star is very unique, given the style. The palms on the AM are extremely detailed. Just wish I could put a name with it.

post-297-0-17610700-1351995351.png

This custom rack is for LTC Jack J. Kron, who was one of the very first troops to be sent to Korea; he arrived right on the heels of Task Force Smith, with 13th FAB.

post-257-0-18771600-1352012508.jpg

His racks came up on ebay; one of them had six stars on the Korea ribbon - that was a sight to behold. But the one here that I have, I believe to be the one in this photo; the left star was actually silver that washed off::

post-257-0-86124900-1352012818.jpg

The arrowhead is for Anzio.

Great items in here. The question about what is currently allowed is an interesting one. Aside from the ribbon dimensions, I'm not sure the regs really specify. I had a set very similar to the Taiwan made ones posted earlier that I wore w/ no issues. I have the Ultrathin ones now. They are very sharp looking...but very different looking than the standard ribbon bars, and almost everyone wears them these days.

Below is one of my very favortites. The "V" on the Bronze Star is very unique, given the style. The palms on the AM are extremely detailed. Just wish I could put a name with it.

post-297-0-17610700-1351995351.png

Here's a closer shot of the detail on the palms I was speaking of...

post-297-0-69641700-1352037548.png