Custom Ribbon Bars--Any era!

CNY Militaria

I'm glad to see this thread rising up again. I've acquired a handful of new custom ribbons in the past year or so and I might as well post them now. This one is attached to a Navy Warrant Officer's winter blouse.

post-1107-1314229465.jpg

This set is not really a complete custom. It's actual ribbons sewn to a pin-back mounting bar. They're on a nice, high quality Marine Major's khaki summer uniform.

post-1107-1314229622.jpg

Last but not least, another total custom ribbon rack attached to a backing made of Air Force uniform material and sewn directly on an AF TSgt's blouse.

post-1107-1314230531.jpg

This set is "custom-made" by sewing ribbon segments to strips of backingm then sewing each row together and onto the winter blouse.

post-1107-1314229807.jpg

Impressive asiatic-pacific ribbon bar!

4starchris

The custom ribbon bar of Maj Gen Edwin K. Wright. Wright was the chief of staff of the Armored Force in World War II. In Korea, he was MacArthur's G-3 and is credited with being the primary planner for the Inchon Landing. He went on to command the 6th Infantry Division and serve as deputy director of the CIA.

post-293-1314279073.jpg

The custom ribbon bar of Maj Gen Edwin K. Wright. Wright was the chief of staff of the Armored Force in World War II. In Korea, he was MacArthur's G-3 and is credited with being the primary planner for the Inchon Landing. He went on to command the 6th Infantry Division and serve as deputy director of the CIA.

Jeff:

I love those embroidered rosettes! First time I've ever seen those!

Dave

• 2 months later...

I'll bring this fantastic thread back to the top with a couple new additions for me.

The cool thing about these is what the backing material is made of. The red / white / black on the two bars is WW2 made German ribbon used for making small lapel ribbon devices for the German War Merit Cross, the black / white ribbon is WW2 made German ribbon for making small lapel ribbons for veterans awarded the WW1 era German Iron Cross 2nd Class.

This is the 2nd set of ribbons I have had with the War Merit Cross backing, the first set with the Iron Cross backing. Good way for some German tailor to reuse what otherwise would have probably have been worthless for him.

My two sets of ribbons I have had which had these German ribbons on the back were from two completely different GI's. Makes me wonder if they both bought from the same tailor shop or if this was a common practice?

I like the stars on the ETO ribbon too.

MW

post-440-1321238238.jpg

post-440-1321238248.jpg

• 3 months later...