Custom Ribbon Bars--Any era!

CNY Militaria

Wanted to share with you a few of my new custom rack pick ups. First are a few Japanese-made racks.

Thanks to Sal for this one...

post-297-0-95811000-1364845472.jpg

One last for today. This one came from our very own retired Forum Support, Bob. Nice USMC officers rack by Leiu's Handicraft.

post-297-0-04920900-1364847182.jpg

ReverendJake

Nice Chair Force rack

post-297-0-00999300-1364845574.jpg

I love the "60-" on the Vietnamese campaign medal. Out of all of the embroidered racks I've seen, I've never seen it actually stitched on there. Really neat!

I love the "60-" on the Vietnamese campaign medal. Out of all of the embroidered racks I've seen, I've never seen it actually stitched on there. Really neat!

Thanks RJ.

Here's another Berlin Airlift vet's rack:

post-297-0-20042400-1364928819.jpg

ItemCo16527

I've got some good news for you, Riflegreen:

This rack belonged to Col. Jack Callaway. I had spoken with the ebay seller a few months back and gave him the information to pass on to the next owner, but perhaps he did not. This is one of the Colonel's earlier racks. I have two of them. The actions in which he was awarded the Silver Star are noted in "A Hill Called White Horse," by Sobieski.

post-297-1348752831.jpg This is also shown in my display thread.

That was me on eBay :) I did tell the buyer who the ribbon groups belonged to, but I guess he forgot to mention when he sold them on. Ah well, at least that little mystery was cleared up quickly :)

BILL THE PATCH

here's one that belonged to a col. pardon d. Watson, occupied Austria service. Lucite ribbon bar maker marked souval wein11, made in austriapost-11207-0-94950000-1365642493.jpg

• 1 month later...
4STARCHRIS

A total of 34 ribbons is one of the biggest ribbon bars I had seen in some time.

What are the largest ribbon bars others of seen?

4starchris

post-387-0-84038300-1368242020.jpg

Javelin4life

A total of 34 ribbons is one of the biggest ribbon bars I had seen in some time.

What are the largest ribbon bars others of seen?

4starchris

That's quite an impressive rack!! The story that the ribbons tell about the soldier is incredible..Is that in your personal possession?

Salvage Sailor

That's quite an impressive rack!! The story that the ribbons tell about the soldier is incredible..Is that in your personal possession?

Sailor!

Similar to Michael Thornton's or is it a fantasy rack?

WittWorldWide.com

Over the last 20+ years of Collecting, I have picked up some pretty unique RBs, Bars, and Pads... I'll add a some that I think may be of interest.

Vietnam Era 12 Place USAF, Custom Japanese Made Pad. While the Germans also used the single colored wrapped thread technique, these devices are clearly Asian made.

USAFViet12PlacePadax.jpg

USAFViet12PlacePadbx.jpg

WittWorldWide.com

Another Vietnam Era Pad, but to a Naval Aviation recipient. U.S. Made, and most likely a 2nd Seater...

USNVietAv8PlacePadax.jpg

USNVietAv8PlacePadbx.jpg

WittWorldWide.com

A Nice Hand "Sewn Down" style Ribbon Bar Strip. USN Distinguished Service Medal, US Campaigns, with French Legion of Honor & CdG.

Most likely to a WW1 Era Officer, but constructed during WW2 using mostly 1940s era ribbon material.

USNW1DSM6Placeax.jpg

USNW1DSM6Placebx.jpg

Nice looking ribbons. That second ribbon rack is a Navy enlisted man with 16 years of service.

I picked these up the other day.

SANY0051_zps800e6dc5.jpg

SANY0048_zps815f5f84.jpg

WittWorldWide.com

Same construction and bullion border as in the USAF Pad and hink441s USN Pads... Love the theater made stuff.