Recently I picked up a MICH helmet with complete pads and suspension, it also had its night vision mount (complete just missing the night vision goggles) ESS goggles with dust cover and helmet cover.

Now this is where I'm thrown off, the Helmet Cover is of the DCU pattern and was one that was made for the older PASGT Kevlar helmets. It also has written on it "8th Tank Battalion A Company" and "Task Force Tarawa" with a "USMC" and EGA under the 8th Tank Battalion.

I did a little research and the 8th Tank Battalion A Company was assigned with Task Force Tarawa during the Initial Invasion of Iraq. Is it possible that someone had taken the cover off the old helmet and put it on this one once it was given to them? Does this happen often?

Also whats the estimated price range on this? Theres no damage to the shell, the nvg mount system is used but in good condition same with the ESS goggles (the nvg mount has alot of sand in the cracks of it) the pads inside are either brand new or just werent used often. The suspension system is a little worn but still very serviceable. So what would that be worth?

Greg

Price on ACH's has come down considerably during the last several months. I bought a complete helmet just a couple months ago for $85, so the glory days of $400 are over. I would say that in the condition you are talking, anywhere around $125, but as sure as I say that, some noodle ninja will pay a stupid price for it on eBay.

Visit my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/crustyw4scorner/

35lyhcy.gif2d29461.gifixd2rm.gif

Price on ACH's has come down considerably during the last several months. I bought a complete helmet just a couple months ago for $85, so the glory days of $400 are over. I would say that in the condition you are talking, anywhere around $125, but as sure as I say that, some noodle ninja will pay a stupid price for it on eBay.

Yea this actually my second ACH/MICH helmet and I havent paid mor than $80, this last one I picked up for $40 which is most def. a steal I couldnt pass up. I had a buddy give me a few items he used in Iraq (.203 round carrier, a dump mag pouch, even a 1942 dated mussette bag that he used as a dump pouch!) since then I have kind of been bitten by the collecting bug for OIF and OEF and even a little bit of Somalia and Desert Storm.

I'm actually gonna be in Savannah in a few weeks and figure I'll see what the junk shops have around Ft. Stewart.

Greg