My Website Is Up and Running! "The Spearhead"

Well, a couple of days ago I asked how difficult it is to build a website on this forum. I got some great answers. Two days later, I have a site up and running to sell off "extra" stuff in my collection. The photography isn't the best (especially with two kids and a baby watching your every move), but the whole site was put together in three hours. It will be updated often as more stuff is photographed. Overall, I tried to keep prices friendly, selling 70% of this material for what I paid. Let me know what you think..and remember, I am not a "techie". :) Oh yeah, sorry USMC collectors, no USMC will be listed on the site...my first order of business is to sell off non-USMC.

Ken

"The Spearhead" Militaria

I am actively seeking USMC Named Good Conduct Medals and items pertaining to the USS Indianapolis CA35.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Ken,

That is an awsome website you have up and running. I see some very nice uniforms there for really good prices, unlike many of the other dealers or other websites out there. Good job, I'll check back often and look for more good deals.

Man, that 14th Brooklyn uniform is SWEET.... and I just blew my entire exhibits budget for the year on the 93rd exhibit. NUTS!

In memory of 1LT Julius C. Goldman, XO of F/330th, 83rd Infantry Division 1944-45.

Looking for ETO/MTO P-47 and Tactical Reconnaissance Unit photographs and any items associated with WWII Jewish fighter pilots.

Curator of Arms & Armor at the National Museum of the Marine Corps

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2009.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2010.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2011.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2012.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2013.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2014.gif

Homestead Sitebuilder is great, isn't it!? Works like a charm, the site looks really good. Most of the time someone will ask about site building software and then a year later we see a site, your speed at this is amazing.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gif

Always looking for 70th Division(The Trailblazers) items or photos.

Wow! 3 hours to do this? Fantastic! Look forward to stoping back again and again!

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

Homestead Sitebuilder is great, isn't it!? Works like a charm, the site looks really good. Most of the time someone will ask about site building software and then a year later we see a site, your speed at this is amazing.

That was a great tip...I owe you one. As far as speed...I'm a bit OCD...I like getting things done.

I've had quite a few good comments via email ...one was hilarious though...a collector wanted to know why the prices were so low - he felt something was "fishy." As I said on the site, I'm a collector and many people have been nice enough to give me good deals since I've been in this hobby. With the exception of the rarer pieces, I'm looking to get back what I put into them, that's it.

Thanks again! Off to add some more...I have a stack of 50-75 uniforms to get on there before I can even think about clearing some of the other uniforms on my racks.

Ken

I am actively seeking USMC Named Good Conduct Medals and items pertaining to the USS Indianapolis CA35.

Great job, Kevin. It may even be "inspirational" as I think about creating a site all the time. Good job!

Bobgee

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

Nice work, I might be your first customer. I dropped you a Email thru the site contact button. ;)

JD

AAF Collector...........
**Always Buying WW2 Aviation Related Items: Especially Operation Tidal Wave items (1st Ploesti Raid) ..... WW2 Fighter Ace Related Items.....Higher End A-2 Flight Jacket Groups....AAF Related Valor Medal Groups**

donation2017.gif
donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

That was a great tip...I owe you one. As far as speed...I'm a bit OCD...I like getting things done.

After looking at your site, I could think of several ways!!! LOL :lol:

All kidding aside if you get stuck or need help on something, drop me a line, Ive been in the computer business since 1982 an know a few tricks.

Bookmarked! Keep me in mind for all things 37th! :thumbsup:

Looking for for 37th Division

VietNam and earlier Special Forces &

USS Hemminger DE 746 items

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

See my FB sales page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1928884587130681/pending/

Wow you got that up quick.

I really really need to learn how to do that!

Written contributor to French Militaria Magazine, UK World War II Re-enactors Magazine &The Karkee Web Research Team.

Remembering the service of:
9095 Pte Alfred Fredrick NEWLAND, 7th Field Ambulance, 2 Division, AIF. WIA 16/11/16 France.
436 Private Albert McCANN, B Company 8th Battalion AIF. Enlisted 26/8/14. Killed in Action 17/6/15 Gallipoli.
VX24056 Gunner George Edward McCANN, 2/3 Composite Anti Aircraft Regiment. Enlisted 7/6/40. Discharged 3/8/44. Served in Australia and New Guinea.

donation2016.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2008.gif

Okay 45+ items done. 15 more uniform sets to include tomorrow and then my "first round" of listing is complete. Round two will have to hold off a few days. Man, I don't know how you guys who run big websites do it.

Thanks for the supportive emails!

Ken

Okay quick question, site looks awesome, but I noticed the photo of the dress blues you had on the rack. In this photo 8th or 9th uniform in from the right, is it just the way the picture took or do those chevrons have a larger red area than normal?

post-5966-1248539502.jpg

Greg

Don't worry...thet're not a special type of chevron. The chevrons were just so worn that much of the golden thread wore away. I saved that uniform from the trash- ID'd to a 1920s Marine.

Ken

Great site. I like the layout and how it displays the detail photos.

All kidding aside if you get stuck or need help on something, drop me a line

I'm searching for a way to display my WW2 Veteran's photos on my website. I have seen many different methods. I like to be able to see thumbnails images and then pull them up and flip through them one at a time if preferred or just go back to menu.

Any ideas on how to program this?

Steve

Great site. I like the layout and how it displays the detail photos.

I'm searching for a way to display my WW2 Veteran's photos on my website. I have seen many different methods. I like to be able to see thumbnails images and then pull them up and flip through them one at a time if preferred or just go back to menu.

Any ideas on how to program this?

Steve

Check out Jalbum, it is free and easy to use. I've used it on several websites.

Jalbum

Here is how it looks, it has several templates and colors to choose from.

My Collection

Here is a site I have running for a client, so you can see it used on a site. Click any photo in the gallery

Elite Air Art

Ken,

Very nice site.I too have been seriously thinking of doing this.Have threw around the idea of a on line museum too.

The comment about your prices is classic!!!!I had the same happen at a show a couple times and it was from a collector who I could tell was typical "cyber" collector.He was just baffled why I was selling the item(s) below typical epay price.His comments ranged from whats wrong with this field jacket...are they repo??Are they hot?(stolen)etc.I couldnt help but laugh and I told him Im not being rude but his comments struck me funny.I guess these guys are better off staying on line. :wacko:

RON

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Thanks, Ron. The other classic line I received is "the coat is marked at $65.00, but it is well worth $150. Great price! ...Would you take 40 for it?" I did not respond :).

I've not put as many items on as I wanted to in the past couple of days simply because my kids have been wanting to go out and play (they always take priority), and I've literally had over 100 emails from collectors asking to give them first shot at items before they go up (which I don't mind- that's the bargain hunter in everyone). So I may add a couple of things here and there this week. I've also reduced most of the prices as well - now to below or at what I paid for 95% of the uniforms.

Take care & thank you for your kind words,

Ken

Great stuff, Ken. As an old 3rd Armored guy, I like the name of the site too!

Judges 1:19- And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Here is a site I have running for a client, so you can see it used on a site. Click any photo in the gallery

Elite Air Art

That one didn't work. When I went to a page and then tried to advance or back-up it "crashed". I have a server and space----I'm looking for a program to use.

But we are getting off topic now.

Steve

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.