Desert MOLLE

pezboy

Did the USG ever make a MOLLE (no zipper) FLC vest like this one, but in 3 color desert? If so, does anyone know where I can get one?

255604924_tp.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get 3 new condition MOLLE 2 mag pouches with snap closure like this one, but in 3 color desert?

255536705_tp.jpg

Thanks,

Dustin

Dustin,

I checked the TM for repairing MOLLE stuff and there is no listing for the 3 color desert camo FLC without a zipper,

and I have never seen such an animal in person. I have also only seen the dual 30 rd 5.56mm magazine pouches

in the other configuration in 3 color desert, not the 1st gen pouches like you show there. Sorry :(

I saw the old style pouches in desert camo once in a picture somewhere but not in real life, so I don't know if it was real...

Philip

Thanks for the replies guys,

I also have only seen the snap closure pouches in pics. They were either SF or Seals getting off of a helicopter wearing DCUs and all tan gear. Maybe they were only made for testing or in small quantities. Were there aftermarket MOLLE pouches that looked just like those 5-10 years ago?

Dustin

I got a crappy cell phone pic with my reflection in it of the picture I was talking about.

tangear.jpg

He does have a second version MOLLE FLC. I can't tell what kind of pouch it is on his right side though. It could be a SAW pouch or one of the double M16 pouches with snap closure. What do you think? Also, since he is wearing one of these vests, do you think there were enough made to get my hands on one?

Thanks,

Dustin

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/RyanW...SD-04-01760.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/RyanW...jpilotexfil.jpg

Dustin, looks like you're right, that looks to be a tan or 3 color FLC without the zipper, and with the MOLLE pouches

you're looking for. My best guess then at this point would be try SDS or Safariland and see if they had such an animal.

Merc, good detective work!

edited to add:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/RyanW...F-2673Z-101.jpg

If I was always right, I would have picked the right six numbers by now. You did a good job of following a hunch, it's

just that hunches don't always fit the data at hand. IMO, there's never shame in being wrong if you're willing to be open-

minded when the facts don't work out your way. Keep at it, you're on the right path!

I have one of those vests, it comes with a hydration carrier and a desert patrol pack:

flcdesert1.jpg

flcdesert2.jpg

flcdesert3.jpg

flcdesert4.jpg

flcdesert5.jpg

flcdesert6.jpg

Other reference pictures:

PJflc1.jpg

PJflc2.jpg

You should check on ebay to find one. Vest and pack are not easy to find, but not impossible. The mag pouches seems to be the most difficult to find.

I hope this helps.

Haven't found the vest or pouches yet, but I did find this pic:

Halo-1.jpg

Is that an issued 40mm drop leg panel?

Dustin

Haven't found the vest or pouches yet, but I did find this pic:

Halo-1.jpg

Is that an issued 40mm drop leg panel?

Dustin

Dustin,

Just off the top of my head, it looks like the operator in the picture is running two GI triple 40mm

M203 pouches on a MOLLE FSBE subload panel. I don't think there are all that many aftermarket

40mm panels or pouches that allow the nose of the 40mm round to stick out, Tactical Tailor excluded.

There were/are USGI triple HE pouches? I do have the common double HE and a few 4 HE pouches made by Safariland, but have never seen any triple. By the way, if you know where I can get a 4 HE 3 color desert pouch and some of those triple HE pouches, let me know.

Dustin

There were/are USGI triple HE pouches? I do have the common double HE and a few 4 HE pouches made by Safariland, but have never seen any triple. By the way, if you know where I can get a 4 HE 3 color desert pouch and some of those triple HE pouches, let me know.

Dustin

Dustin,

Open mouth, insert foot. Off the top of my head I can't find any information for the triple HE pouches.

I modified a few of the 4 HE for a customer some time ago, but **** if I can find any pictures, info, etc.

The panel in the picture could be a 4 round pouch with one lopped off to fit the panel, but they could just

as well be a single and a double on the panel in your pic. If it was an in-house thing, a rigger could have

taken loose MOLLE pouches and sewn them to the subload panel.

I know who could make you some triple HE 40mm pouches though...lol

• 1 year later...

those particular pouches in desert camo are fairly rare and I have only seen them in a few special forces pictures. The more common molle II desert camo mag pouch is double m4 mag pouch close, quarter battle which just has a standard flap instead of the hood that covers the magazines completly