1920s-30s Enlisted Pasquale Private Purchase Emblem

teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

Given the discussion on the last EGA I posted and its period of origin, why not another. This one will catch some by surprise. It’s hallmarked........ however I am not sharing the info or pictures at this time. I hope some of the folks who view this reference section will join in with Gary and me to get a good dialogue going. So I am asking for those who drop in on this post give a reply as to who the maker is. The real surprise will come when I show its mate. These are in my collection and I personally removed them from a uniform blouse of a Marine who served from 1929 to 1935. Hope to see allot of replies. Good Luck

guess_which_maker_013.jpg

guess_which_maker_001.jpg

jeremiahcable

Looks to be the "Meyer Metal" type EGA. I've got two sets I can post for you to look at when I drag them out. I'm going to go on a limb and throw out something odd....how about Gemsco?

Jeremiah

teufelhunde.ret
Looks to be the "Meyer Metal" type EGA. I've got two sets I can post for you to look at when I drag them out. I'm going to go on a limb and throw out something odd....how about Gemsco?

Jeremiah

Someone besides Jeremiah must be curious?

teufelhunde.ret

Back to post answer & picture to this quiz. Last night I had a PM from Gary on another matter, he offered an idea that it was possibly a foreign maker. It is a sterling Pasquale emblem, as hallmarked. It was mismatched on the blouse with a non-hallmarked which looked identical without benefit of loop.

Gary, bet Robert E. will get a kick out of this one ;)

pasquale_009.jpg

Back to post answer & picture to this quiz. Last night I had a PM from Gary on another matter, he offered an idea that it was possibly a foreign maker. It is a sterling Pasquale emblem, as hallmarked. It was mismatched on the blouse with a non-hallmarked which looked identical without benefit of loop.

Gary, bet Robert E. will get a kick out of this one ;)

Darrell,

Huhhh...never in a million years would I have guessed on either Pasquale or sterling for this emblem. From the photos, my guess would have been painted or finished brass. I also have a deceiver or two in my collection. One is an H&H officer's "spread leg" cover emblem that is marked sterling, but the continents are most definitely bronze or copper.

That is one sweet emblem! Can we see the non hallmarked mate? Another variation for me to hunt down and add to the collection.

I'm thinking it's time to start a subsection in the EGA Reference Section for known maker's hallmarks on EGA's. What think you, Brig? ADMIN?

Gary

jeremiahcable

Drats! Foiled again by those devious inter-war year EGAs! Nice bird Darrell, thanks for the lesson.

Jeremiah

teufelhunde.ret

Hi folks... we all likely have a sleeper lurking in the collection and not aware. My old tired eyes would not have seen that w/o loop. Gary I will get a picture up of the pair.

The idea of a sub-section is great  especially were it titled by maker, now that this reference section is rolling along and drawing attention. Regards;

teufelhunde.ret
Darrell,

Huhhh...never in a million years would I have guessed on either Pasquale or sterling for this emblem. From the photos, my guess would have been painted or finished brass. I also have a deceiver or two in my collection. One is an H&H officer's "spread leg" cover emblem that is marked sterling, but the continents are most definitely bronze or copper.

That is one sweet emblem! Can we see the non hallmarked mate? Another variation for me to hunt down and add to the collection.

I'm thinking it's time to start a subsection in the EGA Reference Section for known maker's hallmarks on EGA's. What think you, Brig? ADMIN?

Gary

Gary, here they are together. Regards;

pasquale_027.jpg