• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Alonzo

My Mini Museum

I think the display cases for the WWII items are great are they home made or purchased?

Regards,

John

Hey John;

All the cases were built on the rumpus room floor which became the main display area.

The stock was cut and router'd outside then hauled into the basement then assembled, and finished.

I built a jig to get the tops square, which worked great...except the first time I accidentally nailed and glued half a top to the jig.

As I tried to pull it off...I stood there thinking...."That was reeeeaalllly dumb...shorter brads and less glue next time"...it only happened once.

Hey guys...I really appreciate all your comments...it gives me the motivation to have more tours...thanks ever so much!!!

Curator/Owner Ghost Squadron Military Museum,

Curator, South Alberta Light Horse Regimental Museum

Collector of;
U.S. Infantry, uniforms, and equipment, 1860 to 1950, Primarily the 41st and 88th Infantry Divisions of WW1 and WW2, United States Army Air Force, Anything B-17 Flying Fortress related, National Guard of Pennsylvania, Royal Canadian Air Force, 4th Canadian Armored division. Springfield Armory firearms, U.S. military firearms in general.

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

I can only echo what the others have said, just excellent. Thanks for the peek at that great collection, it's better than a lot of museums.

Dennis

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Wow Alonzo! What an amazing display room! Where in Canada are you located? I'm in B.C. but I would travel the length of this great country of ours to visit your "mini" museum....

Congrats and thanks for sharing it with us,

Regards,

Rick

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2017.gif

Collector of WWII M-1helmets and WWII Airborne items

that's a nice and clean room and collection you have there, it's pleasure to look at.

Christian

Always looking for 9th aviation engineers, 9th troop carrier,82nd AB and 101st AB related material.

Amazing collection!!!

Professionally displayed and organized.

Can you send pictures of your favorite and rariest items???

(i will not ask you to show all your collection.... it would be impossible!!!!)

Congratulations.

fpicoli

Amazing collection!!!

Professionally displayed and organized.

Can you send pictures of your favorite and rariest items???

(i will not ask you to show all your collection.... it would be impossible!!!!)

Congratulations.

fpicoli

I have posted a few rare things in the past this is one of them;

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...=postal+express

I do have a soft spot for A-2 jackets and you will see in the photos "Lady Fortune" and "Our Achin' Lass", both a featured in the book on painted flight jackets. I really don't have a favorite, as the other uniforms would get jealous if I said I liked one more than the rest. :rolleyes:

Collector of;
U.S. Infantry, uniforms, and equipment, 1860 to 1950, Primarily the 41st and 88th Infantry Divisions of WW1 and WW2, United States Army Air Force, Anything B-17 Flying Fortress related, National Guard of Pennsylvania, Royal Canadian Air Force, 4th Canadian Armored division. Springfield Armory firearms, U.S. military firearms in general.

Just amazing, Looks like a real museum. Great job hope to have a room like that one day.

always looking for PFAB and GFAB or any glider items also air corp

Very proffesionally done! Nice Gear!

Always interested in Buying Vietnam Zippo's and Military Zippo lighters, and Military Police Vietnam Headgear.

donation2012.gif

A few additions to the collection/museum;

North Russia patched coat;

NR-4.jpg

Close-up of patch

NR-2.jpg

North Russia Walking Polar Bear patched coat;

NRPolar-1.jpg

Close-up of Patch

NRPolar-2.jpg

North Russia camo helmet;

339lid-1.jpg

339lid-2.jpg

Note "Russia" across the top of the helmet

339lid-3.jpg

339lid-4.jpg

Collector of;

Just a couple more additions

Some Siberian Expedition stuff

27th Infantry

Siberia-1.jpg

Close-up of Applied patch

Siberia-2.jpg

Collar Insignia

Siberia-3.jpg

Another Siberian Coat

31st Infantry

Siberia2-1.jpg

Close up of Embroidered patch

Siberia2-3.jpg

Collar Insignia

Siberia2-2.jpg

Collector of;

Guest pacori

Awesome collection/museum and that is an understatement.I see you have you share of RCAF jackets,i also saw some 3rd army jackets they look great.Thanks for sharing.

very nice! the rack..... :drool2:

"I fear all we have done is awaken a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, upon learning of the 'success' of the attack on Pearl Harbor

always looking for gear related to Norman Albert Wells and the 5th infantry division in WWI

Looking for a wwii era Marine Corps helmet cover

Fantastic museum, it is clear that every detail has been well thought out, some great items. My favourite so far is the "latest additions" the Siberian and North Russia coats and that 339th helmet is superb.

Honouring the unsung heroes of the USAAF Groundcrews. Working through all weathers and round the clock, to "Keep 'em flying". No glory, no recognition, only the satisfaction of a job well done and the quite pride of bringing their crews home safe.
Always searching for USAAF groundcrew related items and uniforms .

donation2013.gif

Alonzo,

Thanks for sharing. Fantastic collection and truly "MUSEUM QUALITY" display.

You are to be commended.

tankerman

This is a nicer and more professional display than I have seen at a lot of museums. You could teach those guys a thing or two about how to do it!

Thanks for sharing!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

INTERESTED IN WWII ITEMS RELATED TO THE

CORPS OF ENGINEERS

A very professional job of design and some great items on display. Thanks for showing us.

Check out my website of Military Relics and Collectibles: http://www.ourboysof98.com
I try to update it by adding several new items each month, so keep checking back.

Thanks,
keith

donation2011.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Just a few additions

B-15C flight Jacket with A-11C trousers

b15cgrp-2.jpg

Spec tags

b15cgrp-5.jpg

b15cgrp-3.jpg

b15cgrp-4.jpg

41st Division Group

The helmet did not come with the group though the artwork looks similar to the gas mask bag artwork

41stgrp-2.jpg

41stgrp-1.jpg

Collector of;

Just added some Postal Express Service uniforms.

All are Identified, though they do not have the P.E.S. collar disc.

Motor Transport Corps uniform, Postal Express Service

Grp2-1.jpg

Nice Bullion patch

Grp2-2.jpg

A pair of uniforms named to the same guy

PESGrp-2.jpg

PESGrp-1.jpg

Collector of;

I have had this uniform for a long time, was actually one of my first uniforms as it has inventory number 4. The last uniform added is number 310

U.S. Infantry Dress uniform with Dress helmet

1883inf-1.jpg

Close-up of 5th Infantry Helmet

1883inf-2.jpg

Forgot to add the Specification Stamp

1883inf-3.jpg

Handwritten Identification with unit

1883inf-4.jpg

Collector of;