Debut of HBO series Pacific check out the trailer

devildog34

Just wanted to post a link to view the trailer for the new HBO series the Pacific. I really hope this is done right, glad Speilburg and Hanks are on it, I was not a fan of Flags of our Fathers, I've always argued that that battle is too defined by a single moment of inconspicuously raising a flag. Despite the symbolism and morale boost it played it has taken away from so what happened for nearly a month following that event. I went and saw it with my grandfather a veteran of E Co. 2/27 and he was not really fired up about it, did seem reflective of the combat he recalled. Anyhow hope you all enjoy seeing this. Semper Fi, Sgt. K. Seldon

Everytime I see something new concerning this series, I get all pumped up for it and then I see: Coming in 2010. :pinch:

DutchInfid3l

Jurassic park, THAT's where that kid's from... was thinking about it the whole time watching the trailer then it hit me.... was driving me nuts. But yeah, I've been looking forward to seeing this, wish they'd say when in 2010. Guess we'll find out soon enough, year's just flying by for me.

And get ready for a new wave of USMC reenactors coming up :D

I bought some of the uniform items made for and used in the movies: my son already had a repro USMC HBT shirt and while we were at Ft. MacArthur Days I picked up a pair of pants, a cap, belt and t-shirt from the guy who made them for the series.

Also look for USMC memorabilia to skyrocket in value!! If your a seller hang on to the Marine stuff until after the series is released . . . the demand is going to be out of control but if your a collector buy while prices are relatively reasonable.