The Allied Forces in Italy 1943-1945 Their History Itinerary Battles Badges Uniforms with Illustrations Photographs Maps

tredhed2

The Allied Forces in Italy 1943-1945 Their History Itinerary Battles Badges Uniforms with Illustrations Photographs Maps Guido Rosignoli (self published) ISBN 978-0-9507012-1-9 © Guido Rosignoli 2009 192 pages full color 8 ¼” x 11 ¼” softbound £25 postage £7 Order from Mr.Guido Rosignoli 18 High Park Road, Farnham, Surrey GU9 7JL England or [email protected] CURRENCY CONVERTER LINK: http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Those collectors who have been collecting since the 1970s will recognize the name of Guido Rosignoli, one of the most prolific illustrators of military insignia in the world. Mr. Rosignoli’s having started collecting military insignia is his native Italy in 1945, this book culminates with his finest overall literary offering for the collector-historian. This is an encyclopedia of illustrations and photographs of insignia, uniforms, maps, battles; in short, if the unit served in Italy in WW II, they are discussed in this lavishly illustrated guide.

The book is based on his personal collection framed on 166 panels, the result of his lifetime interest in how his country came to be liberated in WW II and what insignia was worn by his liberators. On these panels is his life’s work in collecting insignia, photographs, maps, orders of battle, and so forth, for each of the units that served in Italy in WW II. Rosignoli’s discussions and illustrations for each unit is as detailed as the panels and the reader is provided with the historical connotation of the unit in Italy and the proper time frame.

The Allied Forces in Italy 1943-1945 begins with the invasion of Sicily in 1943 and concludes with the Gothic Line being breached in 1945. The author has painstakingly researched each unit and its commitment to the liberation of Italy and placed it in a historical context not seen before. Operations from HUSKY to SHINGLE, every Task Force, every unit from army group to company (and an 11-man mobile radio station), from the best known to most obscure, is included. There is a tremendous educational value to this literary work, from insignia to operations to achievements.

To have at one’s fingertips in one book everything one wanted to know about the campaigns in Italy is priceless. This one book is needed by every collector-historian for its intrinsic historical overview, the illustrations and photographs of insignia, and the details not known. The pages devoted to US Army units alone are fascinating; for those with a broader or different view, they will not be disappointed either. For the casual observer to the most educated historian, this book would be considered a literary benchmark in your home or office.

Guido Rosignoli (self published) ISBN 978-0-9507012-1-9 © Guido Rosignoli 2009

This is re-release of his earlier book of the same title. So be careful when ordering it on-line and make sure you are getting the new release.

I saw one on eBay and asked the Seller about it. He told me that Rosignoli said the Publisher did a hatchet job on his first book. So this new one is "self-published" with all the material that he intended. I considered buying it but the price was more than I wanted to spend.

I hoped he corrected some of the errors in the first book. There were a few minor typos; some photo captions. The book was a great reference for British & Canadian cap badges and patches. I took my copy with me at shows as a quick reference. And a lot of good info on the Italian Campaign.

Steve

• 1 month later...

I just got my copy in my latest package from home. I must say, so far I'm quite impressed. The quality of the images is actually better than I expected from a self published book. The format is very similar to the ASMIC Trading Post, with each unit being like its own article and its printed in full color. And to top it all off, Mr Rosignoli was a pleasure to deal with.

I would highly recommend this book.

Vance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...