1927 "Bannerman Catalogue of Military Goods"

hhbooker2

:thumbsup: Confederate States Army General Robert Edward Lee "Farewell Letter" facsimilie.

post-837-1248391658.jpg

:unsure: United States Navy harness cask for holding salted beef and salt pork rations.

post-837-1248391745.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
OD-Blue-Top

I saw a bin full of these at a small army surplus store back in 1956. They were priced at $1.00 ea. I passed and spent my $5 for a nice WWI U.S. helmet. The helmet cost me over one day's pay (.50 per hour was a country boy's wages) back then. I guess everthing is relative after all. Sarge, I sure do enjoy your posts. I love your chevron collection. Please keep us "fed" as often as you can! Thanks for the memories, James

:unsure: JAMES: Yes, but One Dollar in 1956 is probably worth US$10.00 in today's money, still, ten dollars would be a good deal! Am sure you will not find that helmet for US$50.00? Fifty-cents and hour would be US$5.00, still fair less than Federal Minimum Wage? Glad that you like the CHEVRON collection, will keep adding to it and feel free to download these scans and use them whoever you wish to do so, James! :unsure:

I saw a bin full of these at a small army surplus store back in 1956. They were priced at $1.00 ea. I passed and spent my $5 for a nice WWI U.S. helmet. The helmet cost me over one day's pay (.50 per hour was a country boy's wages) back then. I guess everthing is relative after all. Sarge, I sure do enjoy your posts. I love your chevron collection. Please keep us "fed" as often as you can! Thanks for the memories, James

post-837-1249579414.jpg

Howdy Sarge - Were you able to find any USMC insignia for sale in the catalog? I did enjoy the post of the surpus USMC Shakos but they appeared to be without any insignia. Thanks...........Bobgee