1927 "Bannerman Catalogue of Military Goods"

hhbooker2

:ermm: United States Army vegetable basket which goes with Buzzacott cooking outfit. New; fine potato basket; made of wire. Price, separate, 20c. (Old ad, not valid today!). Brass eagle belt plate and leather belt.

post-837-1248252695.jpg

post-837-1248252753.jpg

:D U.S. Navy church penant. Captured Confederate battle flag.

I had to laugh when I first saw this page in the old catalog years ago. The Texas flag has been in continious use since 1839 and it was carried in the War Between the States by some Texas regiments. This was the only time I've seen it called a "captured Confederate battle flag".

Reproductions of this old Bannermans catalog can still be found. I got one about 25 years ago at a gun show and have seen them many times since then.

Makes ya drool for the prices on some of this old stuff! :crying:

I had to laugh when I first saw this page in the old catalog years ago. The Texas flag has been in continious use since 1839 and it was carried in the War Between the States by some Texas regiments. This was the only time I've seen it called a "captured Confederate battle flag".

Reproductions of this old Bannermans catalog can still be found. I got one about 25 years ago at a gun show and have seen them many times since then.

Makes ya drool for the prices on some of this old stuff! :crying:

LEE: Yes, but! If you will take note about the prices then and now, we must factor in what wages were then if you had a job in 1927 and purchasing power. If one U.S. dollar of 1940 equals sixteen of today's U.S. dollars, then consider a 1927 U.S. dollar was probably worth even more. Of course if one has plenty of money, the problem is scarcity due to there being a larger population to compete with and if any of those things end up on eBay Auctions from the "estate of a veteran," then there are "snipers" to watch for as the bidding nears its close. "Captured," interesting word, one might assume they were captured after the battle laying on the battlefield to be picked up by the victors or whomever else? Yes, everyone and their sibling reprint the publication. So many reprints means the prices will be low for for a long time to come? As you might know, whenever I came across older insignia, I usually gave it away to serious collectors of same. Today I hear from almost no one, of course many are deceased sad to say and a few are selling off or sold off their collections. I know one friend who wanted his naval collection to go to the U.S. Navy and his daughters looked for people to sell it for the money. Another collection broken up. Another reason I give away while I can is my stuff will either end up in the trash or end on on Manion's or eBay by someone looking for that "extra dollar," Lee! They obviously used different artists for Bannerman's catalogue, interesting? ;) Sarge Booker of Tujunga

post-837-1248280338.jpg

:unsure: United States Military Academy (West Point, New York State) cadet uniform complete, only $4.85 in 1927, wonder how much that is is today's U.S. Dollars? :unsure:

post-837-1248294860.jpg

:thumbdown: Breast cords of enlistedmen in the Army of the United States introduced in 1902.

post-837-1248298510.jpg

:crying: KAMMO-MAN OWEN: Thank you, here are some leggings they offered, probably better than what the Army issued?

Awsome post .

please keep it comming .

owen

post-837-1248325423.jpg

:D Gate removed from the U.S.S. Oregon. Projectile shell turned into a cigar cutter.

post-837-1248379016.jpg

post-837-1248379068.jpg