SOG boots

Spike

I think that is an awesome, historical piece. Probably the closest any collector will come to having an example of those boots.

That is cool, I read somewhere that the footprint was too big to represent that of a native footprint.

Royalvolanteerregt, did the ww2 special forces/commandos pull wool socks over their boots to cover the sole print?

The footprint was sized right for a native foot, but that left it much smaller than the sole of the boot. That meant walking on it was like walking on a sole with a rounded bottom missing the heel.

I tried the pair they made for display in the retail store- it was very awkward to walk in, even on a carpeted floor.

This type of boot with the footprint on the sole was first used in WW2 on US boots used by some coastal watchers. Only two pairs are know to still exist. One of which is in a small museum in New Guinea I visited there in 1993. Ultra rare boots.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

should be on the site today, the seller also gave me some of the background of the mould and the contract so not information yet in the public domain. My daughter sees lots of "old military tut" in the house and war room but she did say "what is that thing..." thought it was very odd ;)

Beau-Brummel

All you need now Is the other one and you can go Into production.

Saying that though, If It's the right one you've got then I'm laughing :lol:

I want a wrist band scaled down from this mold.

Beyond beyond cool.

Honestly when I first bought the book as a kid with the picture of the boots by Stanton it made me want to become a designer.

I have thought about the deception that these boots would cause......and its so out side the box......

Pure

camouflage

owen

Beau-Brummel

Great In theory but a bit 5hit In practice apparently.

Lots of documentary evidence of LRRP'S taking sandals on patrol and doing a quick change when checking out trails, Burford's book gives a good description of this.

• 1 year later...
Redlegwolf

A little late to the conversation, but if you haven't seen a pair of these in person, here is an Army Warehouse find from one of my buddies. Pretty neat, right? This should confirm your hypothesis of suede uppers.

post-153900-0-13050200-1495572463_thumb.jpg

I know this thread is mostly about the boots used by SOG with the footprint on the bottom, but I thought I would share this pair of boots that are in my collection and were used by a SOG vet who had them specially made for a mission. They have like a green spray camo on them. Mods if you feel this doesn't belong in this thread you can delete my post and I could make a separate one.

post-158043-0-55234900-1495812432.jpg

post-158043-0-76826400-1495812441.jpg