Carton of Philip Morris Cigarettes

trenchbuff

Just picked these up last week from a local antique shop. I was happy to see the carton was still full and all packs had the tax free stamps for military issue. It even had the wax paper around it.

post-944-1247845871.jpg

post-944-1247845885.jpg

WOW!! I'm impressed. Though I've seen packs of fags from the WWII era, I've never seen a carton, let alone a military one - and with the wax paper yet...

Very nice find!!

Steve

Any dates on them? I'm assuming it is early war due to the fact that the color of the packs, alot of the green packs were changed to white during the war to preserve dyes.

kristopher5502

awesome find! this is indeed something one doesn't see very often so I appreciate you sharing it with us.

Trenchbuff,

I have to ask.....did you get carded at the checkout??? :lol::lol: Very cool find!!!

Arch

Just picked these up last week from a local antique shop. I was happy to see the carton was still full and all packs had the tax free stamps for military issue. It even had the wax paper around it.

Nice war-time carton, especialy like the War Emergency markings top edge of carton lid...... as for date...... if cellophane is missing it puts them mid 1943 or later, also looks like plain paper tops instead of foil which is another mid to late war sign...... all war- time Phillip Morris packs should have the established 90 yrs marking like these do, the 100 yrs marking is post war......

Nice find.