Vietnam Pocket Hangers

Legion

Hi there ! You killing me with these nice pocket hangers !!! I like especially all the Avia Co Hangers. So this is my contribution to this amazing post !!!

2nd FFV

2nd_fi10.jpg

4rd TC

4th_tc10.jpg

101st Abn

101st_10.jpg

USARV Korean made and VN made

usarv_11.jpg

usarv10.jpg

• 7 months later...
You'll have to pardon the glare

this is a pretty hard one to find

either as a hanger or as a sewn on

Hey, where did you get the 2/34th armor pocket hanger? Do you know where I may be able to obtain one? I am working on a display to honor SSgt. Minoru Tanaka who was KIA in Nov. of 1967. I have been told by his fellow soldeirs that he would have worn the 25th ID patch on his left sleeve and a 2/34th hanger on his pocket.

Here are the remainder of the flight platoons and the main company insignia. Intruders was the company name, Rat Pack was the 1st Flight Platoon and Wolf Pack was the gun platoon. There are others from this company but these are the ones I have in my collection that are still in the plastic of the pocket hanger. The tabs have broken off of two of them but that's not unusual given their age.

IH

post-12336-1280327839.jpg

Robswashashore

YOU GUYS ARE KILLIN' ME!

EVERY TIME I THINK THAT THERE IS NOTHING ELSE IN MILITARIA TO GET INTERESTED IN, I FIND ANOTHER THREAD...

Here's a really nicely done one for the 11th Aviation Battalion. Not much glamor with the unit but a very necessary echelon of command.

IH

post-12336-1280337962.jpg

Great hangers so far . I see a few I sold. I thought I would mix it up a little and post some Navy related pocket hangers which for the most part are beercan DI's on white leather. Sorry for the bad picture ,my scanner is down.

Thanks, Mitch

post-592-1280423642.jpg

As noted above on the Pelicans patch, it was not unusual for a pilot to have his personal "callsign" embroidered into a patch. The enlisted crew members such as the crew chief or gunners also would personalize their patches by denoting a CE or GUNNER and the last three digits of the aircraft they were assigned to. Pictured here is the patch of a crew chief (CE) from the 174th AHC "Dolphins) who worked on #403. The full serial was for a UH-1H, 68-15403 which was shot down and lost with only 57 hours on the airframe. The pilots were KIA but the gunner and crew chief survived. It is not know if this patch belonged to the surviving crew chief or a crew chief from an earlier period.

IH

post-12336-1280430088.jpg

Here are some nice Engineer related pocket hangers. The 15th Engineer Battalion was part of the 9th Infantry and the 34th Engineer Battalion was a construction battalion assigned variously to the 159th Engineer Group, the 79th Engineer Group and the 34th Engineer Group.

IH

post-12336-1280432273.jpg

Two more out of ordinary pocket hangers. One is a printed on fabric Kit Carson Scout from the 4th Infantry Division and the other is for the Signal Security Force Vietnam. There was an organization known as the Signal Support Agency located at three stations through out Vietnam but as yet, I can't link this patch/organization to a parent organization. Kit Carson Scouts were VC or NVA soldiers who were captured but agreed to "turn" on the communist forces and they acted as spies turning intel back to the Allied forces of the US, ARVN and Australia.

IH

post-12336-1280432759.jpg