Yankee Papa USMC flight crew Vietnam 1965

pwmiraldi67

pwmiraldi67

one more that really show the colors in the JWD flight suits. These were taken on sunday at the Korean Friendship bell, San Pedro, Ca

P

post-2472-1247783497.jpg

pwmiraldi67

one more that really show the colors in the JWD flight suits. These were taken on sunday at the Korean Friendship bell, San Pedro, Ca

post-2472-1247783621.jpg

pwmiraldi67

The really cool thing was the flight suit Im wearing as well as the helmet, owen gloves and US navy boots all belonged to the pilot who flew Pres Johnson on Marine 1, cant get better than that!!!!!

thanks owen had a blast!!!!!!

P

post-2472-1247784238.jpg

post-2472-1247784261.jpg

YankeeDiv26

damn, those kits are spot on for yankee papa 13. I did a project in a photo class about burrows and own a copy of the LIFE original.

-whats the 2nd pattern M55 doin in there?

pwmiraldi67
damn, those kits are spot on for yankee papa 13. I did a project in a photo class about burrows and own a copy of the LIFE original.

-whats the 2nd pattern M55 doin in there?

Yea I know we should have had the 1st model without pockets, but the guy had it and wanted to wear it, oh well cant be perfect but thanks!!!

paul

WOW that is niceeee!!!!!!!

The good way to make a 1 pattern of usmc vest is removed a pocket :P ( Maybe it will not be looks like 1 pattern in 1000% but better ) or try to find 1 pattern... some years ago I have 1 pattern on sale ( even try on ebay ) and no one want to buy it ... jacket was very used but it was 1 pattern...

again L great pics!!!

Best regards,

JK

Great Pictures.

After you sweat like he** in those nice original flight suits in that heat, how to you wash them to keep the fade out?

I don't remember the 1911 grips in 65 having the Colt Medallion in the panel, might get a cheap set of the brown plastics, come on guys..

Gents ,

Myself and Paul have been planing to do this impressioon for some time now .

How often do you see 3 tiger flight suits being worn at once ???

We did a mixed bag as far as the body armor is concerned but try to find USN vests !!

So all in all it is fun after all .

We got a great reception at the show and many a Marine came over to us and said that is how they looked .

And thanking us for ever caring .

To hear that is the reward for a couple of years work sourcing the uniforms and all that goes into it .

As Paul already mentioned the Tiger suit he is wearing comes from my collection.

It is part of a massive grouping that came my way Via Vintage Productions a few years back.

It belonged to a Frank Heins who was shot down twice in Vietnam ,was LBJs pilot in 67 , and went on to be the boss of Operation Frequent wind .

So a real piece of Amercian history is being worn and preserved for future generations .

Thanks for posting Paul .

owen

giconceptsjw

Hey Paul & Owen,

Great pics. I've never even seen a tigerstripe flight suit before so it's all neat stuff to me. Sorry I missed you guys at Ft. Mac. on Sunday. Hope to see you guys this sunday at ASMIC.

Jeff

Gents ,

Myself and Paul have been planing to do this impressioon for some time now .

How often do you see 3 tiger flight suits being worn at once ???

We did a mixed bag as far as the body armor is concerned but try to find USN vests !!

So all in all it is fun after all .

We got a great reception at the show and many a Marine came over to us and said that is how they looked .

And thanking us for ever caring .

To hear that is the reward for a couple of years work sourcing the uniforms and all that goes into it .

As Paul already mentioned the Tiger suit he is wearing comes from my collection.

It is part of a massive grouping that came my way Via Vintage Productions a few years back.

It belonged to a Frank Heins who was shot down twice in Vietnam ,was LBJs pilot in 67 , and went on to be the boss of Operation Frequent wind .

So a real piece of Amercian history is being worn and preserved for future generations .

Thanks for posting Paul .

owen

I have been watching this topic almost every day since it was posted, all the flight suits displayed are simply amazing, the Classic pattern suit is killer, such bright colors that can only be seen with the flight suit and the airborne cut Tiger stripe with lime buttons uniform.

I don't know what you, guys, are going to do next, but I can't wait to see :D , in the other side of the ocean, we are preparing a new shots with Viet made TS after Larry Burrows pics (Owen, you know what I mean ...)

pwmiraldi67
I have been watching this topic almost every day since it was posted, all the flight suits displayed are simply amazing, the Classic pattern suit is killer, such bright colors that can only be seen with the flight suit and the airborne cut Tiger stripe with lime buttons uniform.

I don't know what you, guys, are going to do next, but I can't wait to see :D , in the other side of the ocean, we are preparing a new shots with Viet made TS after Larry Burrows pics (Owen, you know what I mean ...)

Thanks Cop!!!!

thanks to you guys Im currently building a RT hawaii Team house in the garage, got a bed, lumber, ammo boxes, posters, naked woman and all the makings of home LOL

heres a few more pix I'll try and keep postem em for ya!!!

paul

post-2472-1249001510.jpg

post-2472-1249001530.jpg