Eagle rimmed snaps southpaw pistol rig

artu44

This week my mannequin sports the ultrarare lefthand rimmed eagle mag pouch. This pouch indeed doesn't have the snap to fix it to the belt because on the right side of the belt there is no the female snap visible on the left side.

post-67-1247339962.jpg

• 4 months later...
Details

Please pardon my nieve questions - and this is the very first time I've been on this forum. But is that a true issue left handed holster for the M1911? I had no idea they even existed, let along the rare left handed mag pouch. Bob Thomas

Please pardon my nieve questions - and this is the very first time I've been on this forum. But is that a true issue left handed holster for the M1911? I had no idea they even existed, let along the rare left handed mag pouch. Bob Thomas

My dear, it's a joke like the lefthanded coffe cup. I got that really rare lefty holster then I put the mag pouch on the right side without reverting the belt just to show its rimmed snap. This pouch dont have the snap which locks it on the belt for a couple of reasons. Or it was made for a mounted 9 pouches ctg belt or for the very early snapless M1912 pistol belts still in service (until WWII).

Arturo,

You need the left handed canteen and left handed first aid pouch to complete the rig.

Tim

You're right. I'm trying but canteen it's nearly impossible to find. I bought this f.a. pouch as lefty but after having carefully examined it I became to conclusion it's simply a prewar right hand. As you see stencils are written from left to right and not vice versa.

post-67-1259877181.jpg

Charlie Flick

Artu:

That is an amazingly life-like manequin. The detailing is exquisite. He has a sort of Marcello Mastroianni look about him. Where can I buy one? Ebay Europe perhaps?

Regards,

Charlie

Artu:

That is an amazingly life-like manequin. The detailing is exquisite. He has a sort of Marcello Mastroianni look about him. Where can I buy one? Ebay Europe perhaps?

Regards,

Charlie

They made it here some decade ago but it's not so worthehile cause it has a big issue: it becomes old too fast. In the pic the same mannequin in 1969.

post-67-1259910844.jpg

Arturo, is that really you? For some reason I thought you were much older?

Yes, that's me. Anyway I'm enough old being born september 1944. You can have an idea how bad is the time watching the small pic shot the day of my 25th birthday.

Yes, that's me. Anyway I'm enough old being born september 1944. You can have an idea how bad is the time watching the small pic shot the day of my 25th birthday.

September 1944? Me to at Fort Knox. Great year and great month

September 1944? Me to at Fort Knox. Great year and great month

I agree. Too bad I was born few miles from the gothic line on the wrong side.