Are these good Balfour Bombadier Wings???

jcastellanos4

jcastellanos4

Can you guys authenticate these 3" Balfour Bombadier Wings. The BALFOUR STERLING markings look good to me but I'm no expert. The bomb was mounted on the wings slightly crooked. Check out these photos and let me know what you think.

post-5901-1247183563.jpg

jcastellanos4
Can you guys authenticate these 3" Balfour Bombadier Wings. The BALFOUR STERLING markings look good to me but I'm no expert. The bomb was mounted on the wings slightly crooked. Check out these photos and let me know what you think.

Here are some photos.

post-5901-1247183833.jpg

John Cooper is the resident LGB wing-ding, but I think it is fair to say that those are 100%!. Nice wings. :thumbsup:

Patrick

John Cooper

From the photos provided I see no problems with this wing. As for Balfour aka LGB - know that they produced top notch quality wings!

As for the drop angle of the bomb... it appears to be set to the MPI aka "magic circle". To be sure I think you should consult the PI or review one or all of the following:

1) SAIR

2) IIR

3) IR

:twothumbup:

As for the drop angle of the bomb... it appears to be set to the MPI aka "magic circle". To be sure I think you should consult the PI or review one or all of the following:

1) SAIR

2) IIR

3) IR

John,

So many acronyms in such a few words--reminds me of my service days. A cursory Google search made my hair hurt. Mind explaining some of your terms, or post a link to a concise explanation of these terms? I hate to do too much googling with "bombing" in the search window !!

P.S. The wing looks fine to me also.

John Cooper

Paul,

To answer you question I would usally ask for the secret wing ding handshake :wacko::blink: but since this is a forum I guess I will just tell you :lol:

MPI = Mean Pointof Impact

PI = Photographic Interpretation

SAIR = Strike Assesment Interpretation Report

IIR = Intermediate Interpretation Report

IR = Interpretation Report

Regards,

John

Paul,

To answer you question I would usally ask for the secret wing ding handshake

:lol: O.K., thanks. The reason I ask is that there seems to be something going on here that, at least to me, appears to be subtle. I've seen a number of bombardier wings, usually those with an added device, with the bomb set at an angle. One of my first was a GEMSCO/AMCRAFT type where the bomb device was a part of a cap that fit over a basic wing and could conceivably be seen to have simply loosened and turned from vertical. However, I've seen others that had the bomb soldered on a basic wing were also set at an angle, prompting a question of whether this was done intentionally or simply showed some degree of carelessness in assembly. If intentional, then what was going on here? Maybe the "magic circle" has something to do with it? :think:

:lol: O.K., thanks. The reason I ask is that there seems to be something going on here that, at least to me, appears to be subtle. I've seen a number of bombardier wings, usually those with an added device, with the bomb set at an angle. One of my first was a GEMSCO/AMCRAFT type where the bomb device was a part of a cap that fit over a basic wing and could conceivably be seen to have simply loosened and turned from vertical. However, I've seen others that had the bomb soldered on a basic wing were also set at an angle, prompting a question of whether this was done intentionally or simply showed some degree of carelessness in assembly. If intentional, then what was going on here? Maybe the "magic circle" has something to do with it? :think:

or Happy hour during lunch causing some "aim and alignment" problems.... :lol:

or Happy hour during lunch causing some "aim and alignment" problems.... :lol:

H-m-m, hadn't thought of that...a Friday afternoon bomb ! Could be, could be. :lol: