WWII Comic Books - Best Covers

Homefrontguy

The EC titles have my absolute favorite covers of any war comics, and I think Harvey Kurtzman's are the best of the lot. There's a real sense of movement in his work. Here's my favorite Kurtzman cover:

post-270-1297038185.jpg

I love it!....the Korean War comics are the forgotten comics!....i remember Charlton Comics doing some korea stories too, will have to dig them out, i think the ones i have are from the early 70s....i think they were called Fighten' Army and Fighten' Marines?.....mike :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

I was looking for a topic to post these photos to as I dug out my 1960's comic books from my childhood today and remembered why I got interested in military stuff in the first place from reading all of these! I didn't do close ups of the covers but as you can see there's alot of them. Pretty much they are all WWII covers but there's a few Korea and Vietnam one's mixed in as well.

post-17286-1333151236.jpg

post-17286-1333151253.jpg

Outstanding covers Homefrontguy you have a wide range in the collection covering many WWII themes. I especially like the WAR BOND theme comics. I collect a few WAR BOND theme comics but mostly I can afford the cartoon character Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig "hey kids Buy War Bonds & Stamps" covers. The Superhero guys are big and pricey with general comic book collectors no matter the historical era the comic is from.

I looked at all of the war comics your collect with great fascination.

Kef

I love these old comics. Here are two I own...

Superman26.jpg

ActionComics86.jpg

Superman is burying Tojo in WAR BONDS for the 7th War loan (or 7th WAR BOND drive).

I got to find this comic for my WAR BOND collection someday! But again any Superman comic must be costly?

Kef

Superman is burying Tojo in WAR BONDS for the 7th War loan (or 7th WAR BOND drive).

I got to find this comic for my WAR BOND collection someday! But again any Superman comic must be costly?

Kef

• 4 weeks later...
Johnny Signor

I hope some of you guys that have the comics can post the ones that had the very cool military unit emblems shown inside the covers , there were a lot of them and I would like to see some if you have them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny

• 3 weeks later...

Is that Sgt. Rock of Easy Co. I see there.with the haunted tank underneath. I bought a few of those in the sixties when I was a kid.

I was looking for a topic to post these photos to as I dug out my 1960's comic books from my childhood today and remembered why I got interested in military stuff in the first place from reading all of these! I didn't do close ups of the covers but as you can see there's alot of them. Pretty much they are all WWII covers but there's a few Korea and Vietnam one's mixed in as well.

post-17286-1333151236.jpg

post-17286-1333151253.jpg

• 1 month later...
Homefrontguy

Kef,

I usually look for the big name comics like the Batman, Superman with some grading issues that to someone who is a WW2 collector they still display well but for a comic book collector would not fetch top dollar. Its sometimes tough because I am sure I am not the only person that does that, but like you I am not trying to keep with the guys who drop big dollars on comic books even though they are an imprtant part of our heritage.

• 2 months later...
Johnny Signor

I ahve a "War" comic book, Vol4 Number 15,1979 by Charlton Publications , in fair condition anyone want it let me know I'm asking $7.00 for it .

johnny

• 1 year later...

I also collect original artwork from EC.

The next 2 are what are called silverprints. They are the original hand colored covers used as a printing guide. The artist received a copy of the artwork and then hand colored it.

FC1.jpg