wwii First aid kit, Aeronautic

19delta-uav

19delta-uav

My girlfriend got this for me at a local flea market and sent me these pictures. Does anyone know what type of aircraft this would have been used in? Are they a commonly found piece? The contents of this one are pictured, however what should be inside something like this?

post-3881-1246843757.jpg

post-3881-1246843766.jpg

Cobrahistorian

Nice find! I've seen that particular type on a number of WWII aircraft.

19delta-uav
Nice find! I've seen that particular type on a number of WWII aircraft.

Thank you friend. This was another one of my girlfriend's pickups at a local flea market. I swear when I return from Iraq, I'm going to just continue to let her do the shopping. She always seems to make out better than I do.

brandon_rss18

Yep nice find indeed! The plane itself would have the lift-the-dot type snaps, the male ends connected to the interior wall of the aircraft and this would be snapped into place. If there was an emergency on the plane it could easily be ripped off the wall and taken to wherever needed.

I think the girlfriend was the better find!

I see these kits every once in a while, not as common as a typical carlisle but not insanely rare either. They usually go for 65-120 depending on condition IIRC.

craig_pickrall

The empty bag is fairly easy to find but to get one with the original contents is super.

craig_pickrall

Finally had a chance to take some pics. First is cover page of the reference manual and second is the FA Kit with contents. These were sealed kits.

post-5-1247097569.jpg

post-5-1247097576.jpg

19delta-uav

Thank you all for such geat information and pictures. This site has such great people and such a great wealth of information. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
19delta-uav

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. She hasn't always been this way though. I think shes just doing this because I'm in Iraq. I remember many a morning when she insisted on coming with me to the flea market, yet moved like a slug and kept on falling back asleep. Nothing like dragging a beautiful little anchor around the flea market with you when you're trying to get everywhere first. LOL.

Well at least shes doing this instead of "something else!" In my opinion a second set of eyes always pays off when scrounging...