Lilley Ames military tailors, uniform and insignia catalog, 1942

kyhistorian01

kyhistorian01

I thought some of you might enjoy seeing this catalog. I found it several years ago in an antique shop. It has some illustrations, material samples, and a price list frm 1942.

Robert

post-6492-1246825070.jpg

General Apathy

Hi Robert, excellent information, as I trained to be a tailor when I first left school I really enjoy these catalogs, would very much love this in my collection.

Cheers ( Lewis )

Charlie Flick

Hi Robert:

Thanks for the post. I noted with some amusement the listing for the "Revolver Holster" illustrating a Model 1916 holster holding a M1911 .45 pistol. The description goes on to mention the "automatic revolver", a contradiction in terms.

This catalog is a good example of a source for the private purchase M1916 holsters. Does the catalog have a specific date?

Wish I could get a good scan of that particular page...

Thanks again.

Regards,

Charlie Flick

Hi Robert,

That is a great catalog, especially with the cloth swatches. Would it be possible for you to scan the entire catalog and post it here? There have a been a couple other editions scanned here and they make great references.

kyhistorian01
Hi Robert:

Thanks for the post. I noted with some amusement the listing for the "Revolver Holster" illustrating a Model 1916 holster holding a M1911 .45 pistol. The description goes on to mention the "automatic revolver", a contradiction in terms.

This catalog is a good example of a source for the private purchase M1916 holsters. Does the catalog have a specific date?

Wish I could get a good scan of that particular page...

Thanks again.

Regards,

Charlie Flick

Dear Charlie,

I will be more than happy to scan the page for you as soon as I get a new scanner. My scanner stopped wotking and the photos I posted were taken with a borrowed digital camera. As soon as I get a new scanner I'll send you a copy of the page. As far as the date the inside cover of the book says May 1942.

Robert

kyhistorian01
Hi Robert,

That is a great catalog, especially with the cloth swatches. Would it be possible for you to scan the entire catalog and post it here? There have a been a couple other editions scanned here and they make great references.

I will try to get better / closeup scans when I get a new scanner. My scanner went out and the pages I have posted were made with a borrowed digital camera. I'm glad you like the catalog.

Robert