What are people thinking.

Yeah if that was legit it would be $6 thousand clams... :ermm: ....mike

Yeah, but the question is, WHY? I feel where Ebay has made things easier to find, it has also driven the prices on historical gear through the roof. Imagine what the person feels when he realizes he's just paid over $600 for a fake, of finds that one piece he really needs that while legitimate, is so exhorbitantly priced, he could never afford it. I dont get in bidding wars on Ebay. I decide what I'll pay, and if the price goes above that, oh well... better luck next time.

Wayne

Freedom isnt free... it must be paid for. Too often it is paid for by the blood of patriots. For those who have paid their share, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Wayne, what's wrong with you? Yours is the sane, sensible approach. If everybody had your philosophy, eBay prices would be lower, the average guy with the real interest could get into the mix for better end items, and it would be much more fun. And, especially this, those who see the hobby as a chance to make big money quickly would be frustrated. Jeez!

donation2017.gif

Wayne, what's wrong with you? Yours is the sane, sensible approach. If everybody had your philosophy, eBay prices would be lower, the average guy with the real interest could get into the mix for better end items, and it would be much more fun. And, especially this, those who see the hobby as a chance to make big money quickly would be frustrated. Jeez!

*Shakes my head and chuckles*

Got an email from a friend last night who got his hands on a complete AN/PRS-1 Mine Detector (WW II), and a Hawley Liner... First thing I did was to tell him to keep his hands on them... and how rare the Hawley liners were... I even *gasps* told him he could get a bundle on Ebay... We all in our own little ways are guilty of driving the prices of our hobby through the roof... sighs... either through asking top price, or by paying it even though we know its probably not worth it. I sat back this morning and came to the conclusion that some men treat militaria the way women treat shoes. They will pay anything, not because they really want or need the item... but to keep someone else from getting it... LOL

Wayne

Freedom isnt free... it must be paid for. Too often it is paid for by the blood of patriots. For those who have paid their share, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

*Shakes my head and chuckles*

Got an email from a friend last night who got his hands on a complete AN/PRS-1 Mine Detector (WW II), and a Hawley Liner... First thing I did was to tell him to keep his hands on them... and how rare the Hawley liners were... I even *gasps* told him he could get a bundle on Ebay... We all in our own little ways are guilty of driving the prices of our hobby through the roof... sighs... either through asking top price, or by paying it even though we know its probably not worth it. I sat back this morning and came to the conclusion that some men treat militaria the way women treat shoes. They will pay anything, not because they really want or need the item... but to keep someone else from getting it... LOL

Wayne

LOL, I dont believe truer words have ever been spoken Wayne! That was probably the best comparison I have ever heard about our collecting habits. BRAVO! :lol:

Brandon Sivek "God Bless Texas, and these United States"

In loving memory: Great Cousin 2nd Lt. Louis E. Machala, B-17 Pilot

2nd Air Force, 331st BG, 461st BS

Killed near Glenrock, WY on Feb. 25, 1943 during night time practice bombing

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WW2 ARMY AIR FORCE FLIGHT GEAR

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

PROUD MEMBER OF THE COMMEMORATIVE AIR FORCE

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FELLOW WINGNUT ASSOCIATION,

WINGNUTS OF THE WORLD UNITE!

I sat back this morning and came to the conclusion that some men treat militaria the way women treat shoes. They will pay anything, not because they really want or need the item... but to keep someone else from getting it... LOL

Makes total sense.... whenever I get a new piece of militaria, my wife is free to get a new pair of shoes... I think I owe her about 127 pairs right now....

In memory of 1LT Julius C. Goldman, XO of F/330th, 83rd Infantry Division 1944-45.

Looking for ETO/MTO P-47 and Tactical Reconnaissance Unit photographs and any items associated with WWII Jewish fighter pilots.

Curator of Arms & Armor at the National Museum of the Marine Corps

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2009.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2010.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2011.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2012.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2013.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2014.gif

Makes total sense.... whenever I get a new piece of militaria, my wife is free to get a new pair of shoes... I think I owe her about 127 pairs right now....

Haha that could be dangerous, I've noticed on here the way you pick up items left and right, you prolly owe her more than 127 pairs. Was that in the pre-nup?

I hate going into antique stores, theres one around here that deals a little bit in Military antiques, sometimes I will take pieces in to see if he wants to trade and the first thing he says out of his mouth is "Lets see what ebay says about the price" Several times I have told him that ebay isnt an accurate go by cause sometimes items go for way less than their worth or way over their worth, and yet he still sticks by it.

Greg

I sat back this morning and came to the conclusion that some men treat militaria the way women treat shoes. They will pay anything, not because they really want or need the item... but to keep someone else from getting it...

I gotta use that as my signature!!!!

I AM LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING ITEMS. WILL BUY OR TRADE
Actively collecting PRE WW2 USMC items

"Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for"

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif