1/6th scale me!

Pmuranyi

HI! I am a re-enactor and I have to tell you a odd but happy story. I was modeling at a school here in NYC . One of my WWII uniforms. A medic. The next day I got a call and it was from one of the mangers of Dragon figures in Hong Kong. Well, he heard of me and wanted me to go to the Javits center here in the city for the toy fair. Dragon was there and they wanted me to model one of their new line of figures.

Long story short, one day the head of Dragon came in and said he was going to make a figure out of me as a medic. Yeah sure ya will. WEll, the next day i bought in all of my gear and they took many many photos. Ok maybe they will....

A few years went by and one day at a toy store I almost had a heart attack. :w00t: There it/I was, "Doc Peterson". Yep thats right it was me! I have one now in my collection and I can die a happy man now. I have my own action figure!

Yeah never know what is going to happen so always keep your eyes opened!

Paul Doc M

Wow! Not sure what to think of this. Kinda bizarre. You are immortalized. Did you get paid a Modeling Fee?

Waiting for a photo and a details of the model. What comes with the Fig?

Steve

HI Here is a so-so picture of me. If you look you can see the resemblance. I did get paid and signed a waver that is common practice. For a re-enactor it is the ultimate gift!

I'll put another photo up as an air borne medic.

Paul

post-7107-1246761066.jpg

Here you go:

docpeterson.jpg

HI Here is a so-so picture of me. If you look you can see the resemblance. I did get paid and signed a waver that is common practice. For a re-enactor it is the ultimate gift!

I'll put another photo up as an air borne medic.

Paul

post-7107-1246761066.jpg

That is so cool! Congrats on your accomplisment. I used to wonder about the faces behind action figures, so now I know.

S/F Cesar

Haha WOOOOAH that is crazy! SOOOO awesome, how cool would that be, to have an action figure of yourself :D Man, you are too lucky :)

HI! I wish I had royalties! Man oh man do I wish! I got paid a flat fee and signed a waver that i would not sue. To be honest, I dont care about the money, it is just to cool to have your own figure! I was just at the right place at the right time. Luuuuuuucky.........

Paul M

This is just too much... :lol: Can you say...Royalties $$$$$$$...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to reach the people at Dragon who design these things? I’d love to pitch a US WW2 War Correspondent figure (yeah, I know, you never saw that coming… :rolleyes: ) as I guess it’s about the only US WW2 thing they haven’t done yet and I can only assume that even the “doll collectors” must be getting sick of Airborne stuff by now.

Here's a yahoo email addy they were using for people who wanted to join their forum and particiapte in the upcoming online DX09 expo:

[email protected]

You could also try calling Dragon Models USA:

DRAGON MODELS USA

I see a phone number, but not sure if they have an email addy on that site.

Hahahaha you guys are killing me! :lol: Yeah I just showed my nephews and they freaked! I guess a 11 and a 8 year old would.

Yes, I was at the right time and place. Either re-enactors are very nice about or they want to hit me with the figure. Go figure that one....... :lol:

I think is was a twilight zone episode. :think: Well, at least I have my own mini me!

Now make a medical shark that can shoot lasers!!!

Thanks for all the kind words. I just lucked out.

Paul

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I just read this, way too cool!!! Talk about being at the right place at the right time!

I'm usually a day late and a dollar short. CONGRATS!

Terry

You should start signing autographs to members who own the figure haha. That is pretty incredible though.

Chris

Hi Ho! I was thinking of that but how do I do it and would it increase or decrease the value of the figure? This is getting to be a few years back now and the figures are all over the world. Popular hobby. It would be hard to seek them out. Would it be worth it? Would I charge if it increased the value? People ship them to me? The cost would be a lot. So I leave it for now.

P.S. My cat got to my Doc Peterson and was carrying it around the other day. It looked like a giant WWII mutant cat was on the prowl. An experiment gone terrible wrong! :lol:

Paul Doc P M

• 2 months later...

Ahhhhh, it is so cool to see the real face behind the figure. How cool is that? I had to pay money to have my noggin made in 1:6 scale :D