Largest Ribbon Rack You've Ever Seen/Owned?

el taco grande

• 2 weeks later...

Cool grouping to a USN back-seater! I would say that his POW medal ribbon would make him one rare duck to still be on active duty during Desert Shield & Storm let alone service in GWOT! I'd assume the POW medal was for Vietnam, so that would mean that he had at least 35 years of service.

Allan

This is my largest. Anyone notice anything interesting/unusual about this?

I'm trying to figure out who was a Naval Flight Officer who was a Vietnam POW who retired in the mid to late 90s...hmmmm...

Strikes me I've had bigger ones, but I can't find them in my mass of photos. Anyway, here are photos of two former uniforms of mine, both to IDed generals...

VanderOut2.jpg

Talbott1.jpg

• 6 years later...

Now for one I wish I owned. Here’s Lord Mountbatten’s. He has some very interesting US awards on his rack as well. Must’ve been a tailor’s nightmare to find the correct ribbons for the sheer number of foreign decorations he had.

4b934a2bb7ab3869bb1b34b9e870eab9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

collectsmedals

Largest ribbon rack I have seen: Douglas MacArthur's at the MacArthur memorial in Norfolk, VA

Largest in my collection: two way tie between Rear Admiral Harold Briggs and Major General Jack Frisbie at 16 ribbons each (photo's attached)

Largest I have seen being actually worn: I do not have a name but we had a Gunnery Sargent in the Marine Detachment on the U.S.S. Nimitz who's ribbon rack nearly touched the hem on the shoulder of his uniform tunic.

DSCF2257.JPG

DSCF2259.JPG

• 1 month later...

These are the two largest ribbon groups currently in my collection. The first belonged to Chief Aviation Machinist's Mate Patrick Spinella, who served in the Navy from 1940 to 1970. The second belonged to a member of the Nevada Air National Guard who had prior service with either the Navy or the Marine Corps in Vietnam.

Spinella (2).JPG

NVARNG.JPG

• 1 year later...

Just got this one the other day. 25 ribbons in total, including the Thai Order of the White Elephant, 4th Class, Philippine Outstanding Achievement Medal & Bronze Cross, and the Australian International Forces East Timor ribbons.

Special Forces (1).JPG

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 8:23 PM, ItemCo16527 said:

Just got this one the other day. 25 ribbons in total, including the Thai Order of the White Elephant, 4th Class, Philippine Outstanding Achievement Medal & Bronze Cross, and the Australian International Forces East Timor ribbons.

Special Forces (1).JPG

Update to this one here: link.