L.I.G.I. and E.I.G.I. Marks on Medals

Brig

Have a couple of more recent strike medals...an Armed Forces Expeditionary and USMC Good Conduct. One is marked L.I.G.I. and the other E.I.G.I. L.I.G.I. is for Lordship Industries, does anyone know their contract years to narrow timeframe down? I recall earlier discussions and no one was sure then, but maybe now? As for E.I.G.I. no idea who or when, can find nothing with search. Anyone out there have an idea?

It was HLP until about 1973 and LI (Lordship Industries) after that. I'm drawing a memory blank on EI-GI.

Wharfmaster

I believe L.I.G.I. is Lordship Ind. and Graco Ind. a merger, can't remember the exact date or time period. Perhaps others can help us on the date or period of merger.

Bluejacket

I think EI is either Elwyn Industries or Elwyn Institute. It's an organization in Southeastern PA that provides job training and work for the handicapped. I know they had a contract a few years ago to make the ribbon bars for some of the Desert Storm/SWA medals and others. There might be another EI, but that's the only one I'm aware of.

Bluejacket

• 4 years later...

I believe L.I.G.I. is Lordship Ind. and Graco Ind. a merger, can't remember the exact date or time period. Perhaps others can help us on the date or period of merger.

I believe Lordship industries is out of business. I seem to remember they were busted for selling Medals of Honor. I had newspaper articles about this, but lost all my military material about 3 years ago. It's probably on the internet.

• 3 years later...

Bringing this thread back to life.

I have a clutch-back army expert marksman qualification badge that has only "L.I.G.I" in slightly raised on the backside centered on the cross. Any ideas as to an era?

The GI or government inspected mark was introduced around the mid to late 60's. So it should be from then or newer. Photos would help as well, as other criteria may help dating it.