Victory Liberty Loan Poster

gpw_42

I recently picked up this poster at an antique shop in Tucson, AZ.

DSCF1690.jpg

Condition is not perfect, but it appropriately shows it's age, which I like. There's a tear in the upper right corner, and another along the bottom.

DSCF1691.jpg

Somebody mounted the poster to a paper backing before I got it - I have mixed thoughts, because I'm not sure what sort of glue was used. On the plus side, the tears don't get any worse when it has to be handled.

It was displayed in a cheapo frame, which was easy to ship home. I've since replaced the frame with an archival one I purchased from Hollywood Poster Frames (www.hollywoodposterframes.com/index.php?p=page&page_id=frames#arch) for what I thought was a reasonable price. I'd STRONGLY recommend this company if you have any posters to frame - she wouldn't ship until we coordinated about the size of the poster, and she custom cut the frame for my poster. Very friendly, and fast customer service with reasonably-priced item!

This is my first vintage poster, but its one I really like!

Thrasher

Henry, thanks for your comment, and suggestion! That's a good idea, and might make for an interesting display someday :thumbsup: This poster always makes me think of after-effects of the Chateau Thierry campaign (with big fights by 2d and 3d Divisions, both which I have a strong connection to).

Thrasher