american Legion question

notinfringed

notinfringed

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but here it goes anyway. Is it more common to see real or repro insignia sewn onto American legion caps? I just purchased some pieces (that I haven't gotten yet), and they have some great insignia on them, but I don't know if they are real or repro. I just figured I would ask to see what everyone's past experiences are.

Levi

Both.

A lot of the members of the A.L. havent been in the military in 50 years, others were in last month (so to speak).

If a member sees something that he or she feels they would be entitled to they may chose to purchase it and decide to wear it on their hats or jackets. For them, its what it represents and not weather is it US issued or market made & sold.

Also the A.L. sends out a monthly mag that has ads from vendors selling all types of things for members to buy.

Jon B.

Newaygo MI

I have seen both cases, guys who cant find or dont have there original stuff so they buy pins and patches to use and guys who use there original insignia. awhile back I purchased a VFW cap off ebay for five bucks and it had an original submarine bar for the WWI victory ribbon sewn on it.

notinfringed

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I will have to wait and see. The guy I bought the items from sent these pictures, but you really can't tell from the pictures.

post-2011-1246381665.jpg

post-2011-1246381679.jpg

post-2011-1246381692.jpg

levi