Original Vietnam Graffiti Helmets

DiGilio

I have a Nam helme with mild graffiti in my collection. Just bought a modern cover for a kevlar helmet that was covered, just because it was interesting for only $2. Guy's whole squad signed it, apparently he was getting out and they wished him luck.

Well, it's only legit if the ink is faded! Just kidding, of course. I firmly believe that the mantra that the ink must be faded to be from Vietnam is subject to individual cover scrutiny. Folks need to remember that helmets were used by personnel other than grunts and will, therefore, have differing levels of wear, tear, and fade.

I have a Nam helme with mild graffiti in my collection. Just bought a modern cover for a kevlar helmet that was covered, just because it was interesting for only $2. Guy's whole squad signed it, apparently he was getting out and they wished him luck.

Well, it's only legit if the ink is faded! Just kidding, of course. I firmly believe that the mantra that the ink must be faded to be from Vietnam is subject to individual cover scrutiny. Folks need to remember that helmets were used by personnel other than grunts and will, therefore, have differing levels of wear, tear, and fade.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I have an M1-C paratrooper helmet with this liner that has "Jumping is Hell Borne" as graffiti. There's something else on the other side but it's illegible.

50239071266_421bc1c6c1_o.jpg

50239069631_71931367f9_o.jpg