WWII invasion vest

Lucky72

This wasnt my latest acquisition but one worth mentioning. I decided to play a local par three golf course after work and passed buy the local flea market. It was Wed or Tue and you know how they boom in the middle of the week!! There were 2 people set up in the front parking lot and look what was on the ground under one of the tables. A mint original D-Day invasion vest. The guy wanted $30.00 for it and I asked him if he would take $25.00, yes I know I should be shot for that lol. I remember the lady set up beside him said "That thing should be worth more than that" neither had a clue as to what it was. Needless to say I couldnt get the money out of my wallet fast enough.

This was 11-12 years ago. It sold for $1,250 at the SOS to the costume director for Saving Private Ryan.

I have pics but the files were to large to download.

Every Windows-based PC has a program called "paint". Click your 'Start' button, and then go to "programs"

"Paint" should be under accessories

Anyway, right click the icon for the image you want to re-size. Select 'open with', and choose "paint"

When the image is opened in Paint, look at the headings across the top of the window. Click on "image"

select 'resize/skew' (on some WIN versions its 'stretch/skew')

Enter the same percentage of size for X and Y that you wish to reduce the size to. Try 50 and 50 to start with to get a feel for it. Entering a percentage larger than 100 naturally increases size

Save the image to a smaller size, use a new name, and then upload the image in its new, smaller scale

Takes twice as long to read this as to do it

Where was the flea market? I just posted in another thread about how as a kid I passed by a bunch of these at a flea market...

Where was the flea market? I just posted in another thread about how as a kid I passed by a bunch of these at a flea market...

Roanoke, Va. about 30 miles from Bedford. I just recenty found out that one of my friends had 3 great Uncles that were part of the Bedford Boys. I would love to get into the attic of those houses.

• 4 weeks later...

Great story - bet you're sorry for selling it back then since it's worth at least three times that now.