1913 pistol set

artu44

This time my mannequin shows an all 1913 pistol rig (only the Colt and the mannequin are dated 1944). Magazines are fully functional Remington 1918.

post-67-1246175725.jpg

Holster with gun. The belt is quite sloppy cause I've lost 4" of belly diameter and I'm too lazy for adjusting it again.

post-67-1246175790.jpg

Agree--nice rig!

Artu, I was walking around a gun show yesterday here in Central FL and thought about you. As usual, there were a lot of guys walking around selling guns and this one guy had a Model 1934 Beretta with Italian Army marks, in its original military holster, for sale. He wanted $250, but I know he would have taken less, as there didn't seem to be anyone interested in buying it. He had taken it in a trade and he just wanted to get rid of it. He said that the guy's father had brought it home in WWII. How common are these military pieces in Italy? How much would they bring over there?

Agree--nice rig!

Artu, I was walking around a gun show yesterday here in Central FL and thought about you. As usual, there were a lot of guys walking around selling guns and this one guy had a Model 1934 Beretta with Italian Army marks, in its original military holster, for sale. He wanted $250, but I know he would have taken less, as there didn't seem to be anyone interested in buying it. He had taken it in a trade and he just wanted to get rid of it. He said that the guy's father had brought it home in WWII. How common are these military pieces in Italy? How much would they bring over there?

Well, when I was young in the '60s , me and friends used to hunt WWII guns left back all over our county, and when a peasant told us "I have a pistol to sell" our prayer was " Hope it wouldn't be a Beretta 34". Said that, today in Italy a sound wartime Beretta is selling 250-300 euros, but considering that europeans are incline to pay for their guns more than americans, you can read it as 250-300$. The original wartime holster doesn't worth so much, i.e. 30-50$ and less than zero if postwar.

Holster with gun. The belt is quite sloppy cause I've lost 4" of belly diameter and I'm too lazy for adjusting it again.
The belt would fit my manniquin better(its dated 43) so you can just give it to me instead of adjusting it. I wish I had period magazines for my 1911. Robert

Well, when I was young in the '60s , me and friends used to hunt WWII guns left back all over our county, and when a peasant told us "I have a pistol to sell" our prayer was " Hope it wouldn't be a Beretta 34".

I get your point! :lol:

Salut Artu, mon ami italien,

Here's mine.

What do you think about?

081220122015486972896616.jpg

The belt isn't good : it's a M36 model, but holster is a RIA 1914 with a regimental marking on flap : B4FA 142

And what do you think about these :

081213051042486972868954.jpg

Marked RIA 1915 on back.

090321120431486973348181.jpg

Also marked RIA 1915. I think it's for a M1903 rifle 5 rounds clip.

A garrison pouch?

François

Bonjour Oxi

You have to find an M1912 belt (it's quite common) and replace that WWII first aid pouch. The holster is real excellent. I have an original spare leg strap but too bad it's too dark for this beauty.

Both ammo pouch are for leather belts: Sam Browne the one for .45 cal and garrison the one for the 30/06. You could buy a WWI era Sam Browne belt (they are not too much expensive) and put together an excellent all "leather" rig.

I already have a M1912 canvas belt, but it's in an average shape. Shown here with a M1916 holster in repro.

090702100951486973996937.jpg

I've never been able to locate a true WWI US garrison belt (is it the M1904 model?). I've one nice, but it's a WWII era with riveted buckle instead of sewn

François

I already have a M1912 canvas belt, but it's in an average shape. Shown here with a M1916 holster in repro.

090702100951486973996937.jpg

I've never been able to locate a true WWI US garrison belt (is it the M1904 model?). I've one nice, but it's a WWII era with riveted buckle instead of sewn

François

The 1904 leather garrison belt is quite hard to find, but you need more a WWI Sam Browne for the .45 mag pouch and the M1912 holster.

New Romantic

François

Hi Francois, just keep an eye on eBay. There was a really nice 1904 dated belt that went for around $100. May have been less or a bit more, I can't remember the ending price.

Hi Artu, it's good to put a face with the name! And that is one nice holster!

-Matt.

It would be better if I had a nicer face and a poorer holster!!!!!!!